X-wing Alliance HELP!!

Youngblood

Rear Admiral
Hi guys i just got xwing alliance the game play works fine but the cutscenes are so slow and uwatchable can anyone help???

Hello Youngblood,

Congratulations to your purchase, X-Wing Alliance is a fine game. I have no problems with the cutscenes. What computer are you using? What graphic card and what settings?

I have
windows xp,amd Athalon 1.7G, 768 MB RAM and a 128MB Geforce 4 graphics card i hope thats enough for help as im not to good with computers

You should be blazing that game. It came out in 97 or 98 the min requirements are like 500 mhz or slower. Are you running XP? If so it might work better if you run it in 98 mode compatablity. Its been awhile but I think there is a patch for that game some where on lucas arts.

I have the patch and im running it in 98 mode but the cut scenes are still very jerky and ar unwatchable i dont understand it

I had the same problem with my cutscenes (though I had patience enough to keep with them) with my 1.8Ghz WinXP Vaio. I assumed it was because the disk was a little old and perhaps a bit scratchy.. Did you get the game mint or used?

What kind of CD/DVD ROM do you have? My first one I used when I played the game had occasional chops in the cut scences, but my second one ran it like a dream.

its a mint condition disc so it should work fine the game play works great its reall starting to bug me im not sure what cd-rom i have but all my other games work fine even some old ones like mechwarrior 2

maybe try turning the sound accleration down like you have to do for playing standoff cutscenes in XP? I don't know if it will help, but it's worth a shot.

Could this be the same DirectX acceleration problem that messes up the video in Prophecy?

im not sure as ive never had problems running prophacy in xp well i suppose ill just have to grin and bare it thanxs guys

It seems to me that it really could be similar to the Prophecy bug. I'd bet that if you run a search, someone in the Star Wars fan group has already created a patch to correct the problem.

Back