X Marc's the Cruiser (March 7, 2006)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Marc has taken up our old challenge and has fixed the original Fralthra model. Be sure and click on that first image: it's a large animated gif of a spinning Fralthra!
First off, my 3D program was able to read the vertices information out of the original file (vertices are those little points that make up all the polys in a 3D model.) Using those points as a guide, I modeled out the simple shapes that where needed. After that, it was a simple matter of searching all over the internet (mostly the Crius forums) for the images that would tell me just how to texture this thing.

--
Original update published on March 7, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice!

Would there be any way to make the mouse control the rotation/angle? If so that might look very cool in the ships database.

st3lt3k said:
Very nice!

Would there be any way to make the mouse control the rotation/angle? If so that might look very cool in the ships database.
Pioneer has cockpits like that. Dunno how to make one though.

Rotating Fralthi? it mignt be doable... but it's going to take me a while...

and no, there's no rotating the angle with the mouse. it's just a simple animation repeated over and over again. To do that would take a program that I don't have and don't whant to pay for.

WOW great work.

I know most people are doing it with the old WC I and II model but the one thing I don’t like is the width of the panel lines. In the past it was necessary to have them that wide because of the low resolution but that’s not necessary now and I think it detracts from the details you’ve made. My 2cents.

Great work though. Wish I could do that.

Back