Wrong name in Wing Commander The Movie

Frosty83

Spaceman
hmm i don't know if anyone else saw it (i think so its very strange) but in the movie, where the captain of the tiger's claw runs the first time the msg from Admiral TOLWYN, there appears his name, but it was written Towlyn. the dude who should render this sequence screwed up. or am i wrong with the spelling of the name?

Frosty

Two typos in a large scale Hollywood movie... Tiger Claw and Towlyn... :(

Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie, it's not to start another argument, but... I really find that sad... :(

You find that sad? There are thousands and thousands of words in a movie... can you type thousands of words without making any errors?

Indeed no...

Here's another question: can you produce a [insert value you know better than me] million dollar movie without having people to spellcheck your script?

Wait, I know the answer...

You realize that paying someone to spellcheck the script would have absolutely no affect on proper nouns like Tiger's Claw or Tolwyn?

You're right LOAF...

What I meant was that I find incredible that Roberts didn't notice the mistakes himself, while shooting the scenes...

Roberts almost certainly doesn't *care* (and probably doesn't know) whether it's called Tiger's Claw or Tiger Claw...

Even if he did, he was stuck with "CS Tiger Claw" patches from the prop department... and the Towlyn scene was added in post production -- he didn't shoot it.

sure there can be some errors in a movie...but what i ment, it was a render sequence. i really dont remember a film where there was an error in a rendered sequence. i dont think that would happen in a bigger production. the guy that screwed that would be blamed for that...

I don't think its the fact that they're typos that means such a big deal. Its the fact that they're typos of important names to the universe. Tiger's Claw and Tolwyn are two names that would carry a lot of weight in Confed history. For the producers to screw up that just goes to show how they didn't care about the WC universe.

Originally posted by redwolf
I don't think its the fact that they're typos that means such a big deal. Its the fact that they're typos of important names to the universe. Tiger's Claw and Tolwyn are two names that would carry a lot of weight in Confed history. For the producers to screw up that just goes to show how they didn't care about the WC universe.

IT IS AN EVIL CONSPIRACY! CALL BATMAN!

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
IT IS AN EVIL CONSPIRACY! CALL BATMAN! [/B]

:mad: I aM VeGeNcE! I aM tHe GhOsT RiDeR! ThIs CoNsPiRaCy AgAiNsT tHe InNoCeNt ShAlL bE dEsTrOyEd!
VeGeNcE!
:mad:

Um, IIRC they spent close to 30 mil on the WC movie and I think I heard Roberts went a tad over-budget (?). LOAF?

Back