Wraith vs. Bloodfang

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
According to the WC3 newscaster, the Excalibur fighter is designed to out fly and outfight the Kilrathi Bloodfang. That being said, it seemed to me like Confed already had a fighter that could do that very job. Doing a side by side stat comparison, the Wraith had more armor, shields, better speeds, YPR,etc. All of which were far superior to the Excalibur as well.

The advantaged posessed by the Bloodfang is it has a slightly better missile loadout, and one could argue that its weapons are superior as well... of course in my mind, those people are wrong.

The plasma is old and clumsy. It packs a massive punch but its range leaves much to be desired. The Reaper gun is far more efficient (my opinion).

The toss up here pegs Particle guns against Tachyon guns. The Tach is almost superior in every way to the Particle, however this being one of the Bloodfangs only advantages leaves to ask, would it be enough?

My answer, no. I personally would peg the Wraith against the Bloodfang any day. It would be a huge brawl, but in the end, a damaged Wraith would be all that is left.

Side Note: Do we know if Blair ever flew one? Or if a wing of them ever made it to the Concordia?

Interesting.

I'm pretty sure the wraith would mop the floor with a bloodfang simply because of its leech missiles.

I thought that the only major use of the wraith was during that last-ditch run on Kilrah by TCS Lexington, but I'd love to hear if anyone has any more info on it.

Interesting.

I'm pretty sure the wraith would mop the floor with a bloodfang simply because of its leech missiles.

I thought that the only major use of the wraith was during that last-ditch run on Kilrah by TCS Lexington, but I'd love to hear if anyone has any more info on it.

In Armada we just see the production model, that's not to say that it wasn't used on frontline carriers. This is that same "just because we don't see it" argument that we use to explain cases with other ships.

In Armada we just see the production model, that's not to say that it wasn't used on frontline carriers. This is that same "just because we don't see it" argument that we use to explain cases with other ships.

I'd assumed that this was a special case because Lexington had that shipyard capability.

Do Leech missiles work on Thrakhath? I have never tried it--I usually just blast him with conventional missiles and my guns.

I don't see why they wouldn't, but I don't think WC3 leeches were quite as draining as Academy/Armada.

I don't see why they wouldn't, but I don't think WC3 leeches were quite as draining as Academy/Armada.

WC3/4 and Academy/Armada leeches were totally different. The WC3/4 leeches would shut down a ship while the Academy/Armada leeches would only take down shields temporarily. But then, you knew that.

Yeah, WC3 and WC4 Leeches were different from each other as well. The WC4 Leech equipment permanently sapped a ship's power system.

WC3 Leeches were very weak - I've never heard of anyone who relied on them.

WC3:3DO even replaced them with Vampires, which (again) took down shields briefly. Arena brought these back years later! Kudos to research.

Yeah, WC3 and WC4 Leeches were different from each other as well. The WC4 Leech equipment permanently sapped a ship's power system.

I always used to leech ships whenever I could. I don't know why, but I got it stuck in my head that when I leeched ships in WC4, ships from the BWS would come by and pick them up. More ships for the fleet.

I always used to leech ships whenever I could. I don't know why, but I got it stuck in my head that when I leeched ships in WC4, ships from the BWS would come by and pick them up. More ships for the fleet.

Same here, except I wanted to keep their pilots alive because I didn't want to have people die for such a stupid reason.

Except pirates...

And Lancers...

Regarding original topic: Who cares? If Confed tells you they need the Excalibur to outfly the Bloodfang (How many of them where there, anyway?), they probably do.

That reminds me... are the WC2 and WC3 bloodfangs the same ships? I know that they look different, but do they have different stats?

When in Wing 2 can you meet the Bloodfang? I don't remember I've ever met it..

It's Prince Thrakhath's fighter, seen in the winning and losing finales (K'Tithrak Mang D and Gwynedd L D.) Since it's being flown by an ace AI it's labeled 'Thrakhath' instead of 'Bloodfang' -- but the game's internal mechanisms do refer to it as such.

There was only one bloodfang at any given time.

It's not really clear -- the CCG certainly suggests that there's at least one squadron of them. Since the Excalibur was 'specifically designed to outfly and outfight the Kilrathi Bloodfang,' it stands to reason that there was either more than one or that the Kilrathi were planning on deploying them in greater numbers in the future.

(Completely non-canon thought: what if 'Vatari' is the Kilrathi word for Bloodfang? Star*Soldier 2 can have that one...)

Back