Wraith use eliminates achievements?

U

Unregistered

Does using the Wraith take away any chance of getting an achievement? I used one to win hero on kamekh assault level 3 and got no gold medal for wining.

Not that I'm aware of. As far as I know, the only handicap using a Wraith brings is a reduced score for kills.

Simulator awards were a bit iffy for me too. I'd work so hard to get an achievement... but it doesn't seem to register on the system. I gave up worrying about it after a while.

If you think you've earned an achievement and the game hasn't awarded it to you that is something you should let us know. If it is an actual bug then we can fix it, if it's not then we can explain it.

As with several of the errors I've noticed, they seem to occur inconsistently. And for bug-fixing, I know the inability to reliably reproduce an error is frustrating and confounding. If I notice something unusual happening consistently, I'll be sure to report it.

My apologies. It's something I added when putting the last touches to the sim missions and I think that at that point the updated scoreboard help page was already done; I totally forgot to write it down along with the medals explanation.

The Wraith being Standoff's "God-Mode" ship, I ruled it off the achievement charts, just as I had it's score handicapped by 25%.

I am really sorry for the frustration I may have caused for not making it clearer.

Simulator awards were a bit iffy for me too. I'd work so hard to get an achievement... but it doesn't seem to register on the system. I gave up worrying about it after a while.
Wedge, if you spot a score/medal that should be displayed but is not, please email/PM me about it. I can track every individual score submission the CIC gets, and I'd like to sort out what your problem may be. I remember you had problems with teh autoupdate system too... did you fix that ?

I didn't know that the Wraith was disqualified for achievements. Perhaps that is what confused me. I'm pretty sure at one point I was working for the Quick Kill Ace medal, was happy that I achieved it... and subsequently annoyed when the mission was completed and did not see any change on the score boards.

As for the Launcher's auto-update, I never worked out how to fix it. In the end, I had to re-download the huge installer to get version 1.31. If there's been an unannounced update since then, I wouldn't know, since the update mechanism is still - somehow - being blocked for me.

I know I've been pointing to this point before... but I want to point it again.
There's still a second (old) record on my Arrow highscore in the simulator.

https://www.wcnews.com/standoffscores/ship.php?id=11

9. Rylex 5550 11/13/09 18:40
13. Rylex 4750 03/14/09 21:18

Can anybody please delete the old 4750 highscore from the Arrow scoreboard?

I don't want to fly other ships again at the moment because another personal highscore improvement might lead to another second highscore in the ship scoreboards...

Rylex

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I like that, I mean I don't post it, but if your going to do that, might as well Disqualify the morningstar as well. I mean doesn't that qualify as a superfighter?

I don't think I like that, I mean I don't post it, but if your going to do that, might as well Disqualify the morningstar as well. I mean doesn't that qualify as a superfighter?

Not really. The Morningstar is certainly a nice heavy fighter, but lacks the speed, punch and protection of the Wraith.

The Morningstar is basically a sturdier Sabre, the Wraith flies as fast as a light fighter and has the firepower of a heavy fighter.

Yeah, the Morningstar is basically a Sabre with more shields, the Mace (but fewer normal missiles to compensate), and no turret. The Morningstar's triple particle guns actually do LESS damage than 2 particle/2 mass drivers in a situation where the Sabre's guns would all strike the target (which is balanced by the longer range and tighter formation of the Morningstar's guns). It's overall a bit stronger than the Sabre, but it's not as wide a gap as say, the difference between the Thunderbolt and the Excalibur. The Wraith, on the other hand, is faster than a Ferret, and has guns, missiles, and shields better than the Sabre. It definitely outrivals anything else in the game.

Back