Wowza!

FooFoo

Spaceman
I've just finished playing WC2 for the first time in a long while-- and My God do I ever LOVE Wing Commander 2!!!

Yep.. well, that's about it.
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
WC2 was the best gae I have ever played. I love it too.
smile.gif

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

For me too. A brilliant storyline, great character evolution (from 'fired' pilot back to the battle and glory), mix of the war and romance. I wish if I can forget my wc2-experience and play it again for the first time!

------------------
Mikhail "Black Joker" Babloyan

Wing Commander in Russia

And I wish I could get my sound and joystick control working for my WC2!

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

It was my fav as well
smile.gif

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I agree. WC2 is the best in the whole series. It's really sad about Jazz, but nyeh.

I love the end of SO2.
smile.gif

------------------

§

I reckon every (major) WC has its own good points. Yes, including WCP.

Heh, I've got the opening scene of that Concordia/Kamekh battle at the end of SO2 as my "safe to switch off computer" screen.

In the scene, it's actually a Fralthra, not a Kamekh. And if you look back through the news archives, you'll find a link to an animated gif of the entire sequence
wink2.gif

Close
smile.gif
. The file which actually contained the cutscene (prior to extraction) was called YAHOO.V00.

Heh, heh. That GIF was where I got the piccy from. Can't do screen captures on my original DOS version.

It seems more plausible if the threat was a cruiser, but I always seem to recall it was a corvette they were referring to. And I know the res isn't that great, but it looks like a Kamekh, doesn't it?

They do refer to it as a Kamekh, but if you can't tell a Kamekh from a Fralthra, you're in trouble
smile.gif
. They look very different, and that one is most definitely a Fralthra.

Thanks, as I said its kinda hard to tell. I'll have another look at the actual sequence. Actually, while we're going into detail, what's the ship which picks up Thrak after K'tithrak Mang, and what's his flagship? Types, I mean, not names.

The ship which picks up Thrak, I believe, is a Kamekh. I can't be entirely sure of that though, because some of the sequences in KSaga play too fast, and the first part of the pick-up sequence is one such cutscene. Still, I distinctly recall that there was a mouth painted on the ship picking him up, and that can only mean one thing.

Regarding the Hha'ifra, that's debatable/unknown. Some believe that it bears an incredible resemblence to the Rigakh class (which is never actually seen in the game, though it is mentioned in SO1), which you can see in the KSaga calendar. Others say that it is definitely a different class, but that the name of the class is unknown.

My compromise on this would be that it's related to the Rigakh class, but that the Prince wanted his very own, personalised cruiser. Hey, he had his own, personalised fighter, so why not a cruiser as well?
smile.gif

I like Kamekhs. They blow up so nicely with that "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!".

[This message has been edited by Mad Hatter (edited October 05, 2000).]

While we go "Yesss!"

Cos they were listed as having phase shields in the manual, I never realised you could kill them without torps. That first patrol mission in an Epee with Spirit, the Kamekh always got in the way for autopilots. Good to see the Concordia actually move in that mission, and if you're patient enough, see why corvettes are nearly useless against the Concordia.

Quarto said:
Regarding the Hha'ifra, that's debatable/unknown. Some believe that it bears an incredible resemblence to the Rigakh class (which is never actually seen in the game, though it is mentioned in SO1), which you can see in the KSaga calendar. Others say that it is definitely a different class, but that the name of the class is unknown.

I haven't tried to get that game to work in a while, but from what I remember, don't we see a Rigakh crossing in front of or behind K'tithrak Mang every time they show a scene that takes place there? Also, how did they get that nice screen shot that is on the July page of the calendar (that comes with The Kilrathi Saga) if we never encounter it in the game?

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

[This message has been edited by WildWeasel (edited October 06, 2000).]

I haven't tried to get that game to work in a while, but from what I remember, don't we see a Rigakh crossing in front of or behind K'tithrak Mang every time they show a scene that takes place there? Also, how did they get that nice screen shot that is on the July page of the calendar (that comes with The Kilrathi Saga) if we never encounter it in the game?
The ships around K'Tithrak Mang are Ralatha, not Rigakh. The screenshot in July also shows a Ralatha. Come on, people, get your capship recognition right
smile.gif

Thanks for the clarification. Between the caption and not having seen a Ralatha in a while, I made a mistake. Well, I guess that's forgivable. After all, I'm not LOAF.
smile.gif

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

It's no big deal... unless you happen to be making a torpedo run on one of them
wink2.gif

Back