WOW!!! Hi-res patch is AMAZING!!

Iceblade

Admiral
Yikes, SO actually feels like a whole new experience with the high-res patch. I mean sure I've played UE and Standoff several times, but there was nothing for me to really contrast. SO, though, it was actually fun playing through that again. Makes me wonder about WCP in high-res.

I know that the high-res patch is nothing new--in fact it could even be called old in terms PC systems--but still WOW!!

HC1 I salute you! :p

Seriously, its thank you!

Iceblade said:
Yikes, SO actually feels like a whole new experience with the high-res patch. I mean sure I've played UE and Standoff several times, but there was nothing for me to really contrast. SO, though, it was actually fun playing through that again. Makes me wonder about WCP in high-res.

I know that the high-res patch is nothing new--in fact it could even be called old in terms PC systems--but still WOW!!

Seriously, its thank you!
All old games look better with a facelift, I just wish it happens more often.

I think everyone's attempts have "looked stupid" at some point or another...

Iceblade said:
It's HCl, actually - as in Hydrogen meets Chlor...um...whatever. It's HCL with a small L.

Eder said:
It's HCl, actually - as in Hydrogen meets Chlor...um...whatever. It's HCL with a small L.

I think its HydroChloric Acid, the stuff that digests the food in your stomach, but its been a few years since Ive done any chemistry.

Yeah hydrochloric acid.

Anyway, has any work been done on the high-res patch to make it compatiable with SOSIM?

Oh, and how do you use the mission manager? There weren't any instructions and I didn't find anything a search of the boards?

Iceblade, glad you liked it. :) As it is, i'm not sure how well SOSIM plays with the highres patch.. I suspect you'll run into several problems since, if memory serves me well, there are WCSO files that both patches modify in their own way. I can work on adapting SOSIM and including it on the next version of the highres patch tho.

Mario

Okay that answers one question--and I can probably juri-rig the room file by editing some coordinates (pity I don't know room code, though).

But about the mission manager (SOMM)?

How am I supposed to be able to compile this thing?

Here's what is at the top
IFF "D:\Programs\Games\Mods\WCSO\Secret Ops\MISSION\CERBERUS.ROM"
{
FORM "MED_"
{
CHUNK "VERS"
{
long 92417
long 256
long 256
long 256
long 0
long 0
}

anyway, it expected type and found form

Doesn't the UE source code include the source to their room files? WCPPas is supposed to compile room files without any problems... the trick is that sometimes, when you *de-compile* a room file in WCPPas, it ends up corrupted (I assume it's because the room files are quite big).

Yeah, your probably right about the corruption as one of the objects was set to have 5 coordinates and only had 3 floats instead and 10. This was also the first object I edited, but I have never been able to get the Cerberus.rom to compile.

Also, the UE source code doesn't have the Dauntless room file. I haven't tried decompiling it yet, though.

Man, what is the first line of a room file supposed to have? The tutorial does give me an indication.

other than
{
med

and that is what is there

Edit: wait, I took out the first line with the Iff compile information, and tried it and it didn't work. I click undo and now it works perfectly. Talk about quirky programming. Well, thanks anyway.

Edit2: when I clicked udo it added a { or something like that happened--that was all it ever needed!

Back