Wow, check out this auction.

I dunno what's the deal with the first post, but KS is rather hard to get hold of. And since I don't have KS, I wouldn't know which of the DOS or Win versions is better. I'd really appreciate the digital soundtracks though.

Trust me Wedge, I have KS and I hate the music, the digitized versions really tear apart our good old wc2 music, I never had the dos version of wc3 or wc1, so I can't compare those (yes I know I started WC real late, but its hard to get hold of these kind of games in India)

Aside from a few cosmetic changes, I don't see much difference between the originals and KS.

And IMO, the music in KS sounds better.

Try listening to the theme they play when the stealth fighters destroy the TC, that is the best music in the game, and compare the wc2 original to KS, I can't stand it, degrading

I really like all the music from the Wing Commander games. But I think Wing Commander II had the best music. The Kilrathi Saga made it all the better. :)

Where's Mad Hatter? :)

I like all the music too, including the electro stuff from Cobalt 60, but I think I like Oldziey's stuff the best, especially with his signature... uh, arpeggios, I think. I dunno, he has some similar pattern in several of his songs for WC.

Originally posted by Johann Cooper
Trust me Wedge, I have KS and I hate the music, the digitized versions really tear apart our good old wc2 music, I never had the dos version of wc3 or wc1, so I can't compare those (yes I know I started WC real late, but its hard to get hold of these kind of games in India)

I would really like to know what you hate about the digital tracks of WC1/2 KS. I have one of the best midi sound cards available on my PC and they still don`t come anywhere near the richness and high quality of Oldziey`s recordings.
In fact, I`m willing to give you a sound comparison of both versions, if you want. Just name the theme. BTW, may I remind everybody, my WC music is mostly available at http://www.music.wcmusic.net .

Obviously yor midi card is not too good, sounds brilliant on my Awe 64, and the Gravis Ultrasound (when working) is godlike

Originally posted by Madman
Obviously yor midi card is not too good, sounds brilliant on my Awe 64, and the Gravis Ultrasound (when working) is godlike

You must be joking, right? :)
Not only do I have the original Roland MT-32 music module, which is the only sound device other than SB and Adlib that was supported in the original WC1/2 games, I also have a 150$ Roland Sound Canvas 55 DoughterBoard connected to my PC, top it off with a little piece of software called Roland Virtual Sound Canvas 88.
I could give you a demonstration that would make your GUS & AWE64 sound like a joke, no offence. ;)
When I say I`ve got a good sound card, I usually know what I`m saying.

Back