WOW! Banshee 1/72

My god, the detail. I don't even need to speak German to enjoy this thread!
1/72nd the size or not, you could probably still cook a few cats with it :)

I have to agree with all of the previous comments. That's a very good job on the model!

Look at page 7 - the cannon and canopy are incredible.

Hard to believe it's 1/72nd; looks great!

Can you tell what it's made from? What is "0,75 mm starken PS Platten zurecht" ?

Angefangen habe ich mit den groben Formen der "Flügel". Die schnitt ich aus 0,75 mm starken PS Platten zurecht. Das ging eigentlich alles reibungslos. Einzige Schwierigkeit war, die Aussparungen bereits einzuplanen und etwas "einzulassen". Dann noch ein paar Röhrchen aus PS reingeklebt und schon haben wir die ersten Details

I'll translate it for you. It says:

I started with the rough shape of the "wings". I cut them out of 0.75mm thick polystyrene boards. That actually went quite smoothly. The only difficult part was planning the holes and "einlassen" (that is like extrude them, but inwards, don't know the english word for that, perhaps "sink in"). Then I put some tubes made of polystyrene in them, and we get our first details.

PS is Polystyrene.

EDIT: And this thing is great!

Thanks for the translation! That makes sense - I often scratch build details for models that I am constructing. The polystyrene sheets come in different thicknesses.

The modeler's skill is quite advanced. I can scratch build elements for a kit, but generally speaking, I can't scratch build an entire aircraft, for example. I am really looking forward to following his build and seeing what the finished product looks like.

"einlassen" (that is like extrude them, but inwards, don't know the english word for that, perhaps "sink in")

The word translates almost literally, as "intakes", like in a jet engine.

Can you tell what it's made from? What is "0,75 mm starken PS Platten zurecht" ?

Yeah it looks like styrene sheet but the canopy, and some of the textures, look like they've been kitbashed from a couple of X-Wing kits.

I've been playing around with techniques and ideas to try and build a WC3 era Kilrathi corvette, but it's been secondary to three other nonWC projects I've got going.

Still this is far beyond anything I've been able to come up with on my own and the detail is amazing.

Yeah it looks like styrene sheet but the canopy, and some of the textures, look like they've been kitbashed from a couple of X-Wing kits.

I've been playing around with techniques and ideas to try and build a WC3 era Kilrathi corvette, but it's been secondary to three other nonWC projects I've got going.

Still this is far beyond anything I've been able to come up with on my own and the detail is amazing.

Interesting. I was planning to make some scratch-built models of some confed capital ships a long time ago. I ripped the 3d models, simplified them and made them symmetrical (the original models had lots of slightly-off lines, like they were made freehand) and got a pile of thin styrene. Then my hard drive died and I lost all my work and was too discouraged to do all of that work over again. I had completed printable instructions with all of the parts' shapes, ready to be traced and cut out of styrene for a Yorktown, Tallahassee and Sheffield.

Back