would you?

Great idea but:
I do not have WCP installed and perhaps someone else has it installed and could take a look. And I am quite sure that the Shrike has only 1 turret in WCP but Loaf stated otherwise and LOAF knows probably best about such details. I want to know if he takes what the manual states or if he actually looked in WCP using F6.

Oh, sorry, the WCP Shrike simulates only one turret -- but it's *supposed* to have three (you can see them in the cut-scenes).

Cutscenes in WCP showing the Shrike? But I am glad that this point is clarified. The Shrike should have 3 turrets but has only 1 in WCP.

Sorry, I forgot to write the half of the question. I wanted to ask:" Cutscenes in WCP showing the Shrike WITH 3 TURRETS ?" And in those take-off scenes she has 3 turrets? Never remarked. Funny how such small details are missed even after hours of playing.

As far as I recall the Shrike you get to fly also has only 1 turret in WCPEdit. But there may be versions stored in the game you do not get to fly where it has 3 turrets.

You can see the top and back turrets in the takeoff scene (and in the 'render' image that's thrown around) -- and then you control the bottom turret in the game.

Yes, only one is simulated. But it's like the smaller turrets on the Vesuvius -- they're *there*, we just don't see them.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Yes, only one is simulated. But it's like the smaller turrets on the Vesuvius -- they're *there*, we just don't see them.

Where would the go? I think the fighter is too skinny to have one on the side? maybe?

Original WCP ICIS Manual (Singapore)
The Shrike has top, bottom and tail turrets, but lacks the Devastator's side mounts, depending instead on overlap from the top and bottom positions to cover its flanks.

Back