would you?

I bought both versions of the game. The so manual has all the so ships in it, but I can't remember what else. I'm not home right now, so I can't look at the manuals to tell you. But, I can tell you that i liked wcpg's box a whole heck of a lot better than I liked wcp's box.:)

Yeah, the WCP Gold box really lokks good! And the differences to the SOPS fiction is that you get real data, e.g. instead of "Wasp's shield get boosted by 12.5%", it states "shield power: 500cm equiv.". You get the full stats on every fighter (including the Thunderbolt and Excalibur) but only the Cerberus as Cap ship (with slightly altered stats). But all the stories from the the SOPS fiction are not included.

Not as far as I know. I would not trust the database completely anyway. But if you want I can email you the stats. Do you want only all fighter/Capship data or also the gun stats?

Think so. Right now I do not have the time to compare them all but I'll do it and inform you. Or perhaps someone already did it and can tell us?

Wedge, I just compared the WCP Gold stats with those from the database. They only have a few minor flaws. E.g. the Panther has 2 Cloudbursts AND 2 Chain Ion, which were left out. The max. top speed of the Shrike is stated as 500 in the manual but I think the 700 from the database are correct. And the stats for the Devastator's plasma gun are wrong. The manual stats are: Velocity: 2600, Range: 6000, Charge: 220, Damage: 600 and Refire delay: 2 sec. And I think the shrike has 3 turrets in SOPS instead of 2 (but the manual does not count turrets.) So these were the differences I could find.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
And I think the shrike has 3 turrets in SOPS instead of 2 (but the manual does not count turrets.) So these were the differences I could find.
the shrike has 2 laserturrets the dev 3

The dev has 5 officially but you can only go in 3. And while i was right about the quote i thanked you because loads of people are too stupid or arrogant to care, and I am arrogant enough TOO care as such I feel the need to correct people and I feel a great relief when people do listen and follow my corrections. So thanks

You're welcome, Nap. :)

But Twister, the Devastator has 5 turrets, that's for sure. As Napoleon stated you can only control 3 of them. AndI think the Shrike in WCP has only 1 Turret, but in SOPS some versions have 3 (Top,Bottom and Rear). the bottom turret can not always be seen, because it sinks in the barrel in the middle of your ship, but fly a Devast/Shrike in SOPS (I'll do it in a few minutes) and then switch to Object cam I think (F6) and rotate your ship. You will see.

Well, I just interpreted from the original WCP ICIS manual that the Shrike has 3 turrets and the Devastator has 5 turrets, although in game, you can only use 1 and 3 respectively. If LOAF would deign to clarify for us? Please?

But in WCP (the game) the Shrike only has 1 turret or am I mistaken? I never saw more than one (Bottom?) turret in the game on her or firing. In SOPS she has 3 turrets, but you still could only use 1.

Yes, the WCP manual says that the Shrike in WCP has 3 turrets. The official guide and WCP gold say she only has 1 turret. And, like I said, I never saw a Shrike firing from 3 turrets in WCP. Does she actually has 3 turrets in the game when you look at her using F6 ?

Why don't you just check? It doesn't take more than a minute to pop in the Prophecy CD into the drive and go in the sim...

Back