Would there be interest in this?

Discussion in 'General Wing Commander Chat' started by Adm_maverick, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Adm_maverick

Adm_maverick Rear Admiral

Hey all. So I've started getting into some live streaming recently and I'm thinking about what games and material I'm going to do with it long term. Well surprise surprise, the idea of Wing Commander popped into my head. However I would need to put some time and effort in the pre-streaming side of things for Wing Commander so I wanted to ask if this is something that there would be any interest in? Namely a live stream of the games. Probably start with either the original Wing Commander if I can get it and OBS to play nice to together, or with Heart of the Tiger if there's more interest in that. So... interest? Yah? Nah? Maybe? Gonna get a beer and think about it?

Whistler likes this.
  2. centaurianmudpig

centaurianmudpig Captain

3. Toast

Toast Space Marshal

I'd watch it :)

Of course you'll want to save the stream for posterity in case some of us might or might not be able to watch it live?

4. Adm_maverick

did anyone else just have this flash through your head?
    [​IMG]

5. Bandit LOAF

Bandit LOAF Long Live the Confederation!

Do eeeet! :) I've done three Wing Commander livestreams now, with a fourth coming up in about three weeks... they're tremendously fun to put together!

6. ChrisReid

ChrisReid Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

If that sounds like fun to you, then by all means, you should absolutely do it. I will say that everybody is doing this now. A new series of Wing Commander play throughs by a video game vlogger pops up on YouTube every other day, so we don't really report on them anymore.

What I think would be fantastic would be if someone did a regular Wing Commander streaming show. Pick a random trivial topic about Wing Commander and explore/discuss it in some depth. It's something we've talked about before (in fact, we started the site doing so in audio form), but we just haven't had anywhere near the time to make it happen.

centaurianmudpig likes this.
  7. Adm_maverick

Any chance of a link to your past streams, Bandit? Don't want to re-tread what you've already done.

Hmm, perhaps something more akin to an 'active commentary' on the games. Sort of like a directors/special look at commentary track on a movie. Like I would still play the game, but while playing the game I would talk about the history of the in-game universe, and the history of the fighter craft, or what could have influenced the game and what the game itself influenced.

ChrisReid likes this.
  8. Bandit LOAF

Bandit LOAF Long Live the Confederation!

Here's the first one I did... it's pretty silly :) But it was a lot of fun!

centaurianmudpig likes this.
  9. ChrisReid

ChrisReid Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

Yeah, that would go a long way to help differentiate and get your project noticed by fellow fans.

10. Adm_maverick

I think I'll work up to that as a sort of special broadcast. In the meantime I'll probably do a couple model time sessions centered on Wing Commander, something like working on the Excalibur or the Hornet perhaps.

ChrisReid likes this.
  11. dennis12

dennis12 Spaceman

Yeaaa! :) Push a link when it will live :)

12. Adm_maverick

not exactly Wing Commander related, and not exactly related to the discussion in this particular thread. But my next stream will be focused on scratch building with cardboard. Which is what I'm using for the mock building processes in my Excalibur Model project.