Worst Voice Acting

Worst Voice Acting

• Total voters

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
I've seen a few that were very good, and others that were horrendously bad. If you had to choose who was the worst?

Me: Iceman SWC... "That was for Vega 9 you bastard..."

I heard that, I had to shut off the game. When I decided to give it another shot, I made sure to prevent Iceman from getting any more kills... ever.

However the game then redeemed itself: "Lets go after those Cats Maestro!"
Jazz... hands down the best Wingman I've ever flown with. SWC

"Mon Dieu! You are the traitor!" - WC2 Angel

Also, every single line by Panther in the French version of WC4 is a pain to hear. They just picked the wrong voice actress. It's almost enough to make me want to turn the sound off whenever she says something. But hey, Eisen is every bit as awesome as in the original, so I suppose it kind of makes up for it.

EDIT : I have yet to play SWC, but among the lines you quoted, I'd have to pick "I think I hear my mom calling". :)

I'd have added Casey's "I need some help with this target!" from Secret Ops.

Everything Paladin said in SWC was cringe-worthy.

I found the WC3 Kilrathi voicec acting to be rather awkward. WC2 rules though! And god, do I need to play SWC. I have a copy for it lying around for years but no suitable machine for it and haven't tried out the Basilisk emulator for it yet.

I found the WC3 Kilrathi voicec acting to be rather awkward. WC2 rules though! And god, do I need to play SWC. I have a copy for it lying around for years but no suitable machine for it and haven't tried out the Basilisk emulator for it yet.

I Shelled out the cash for a 3DO... worst investment I ever made, but I considered it worth the experience.

Thats actually from WC2. Please note, I just gave examples, I'm talking about the Voice acting as a whole.

You misunderstood me. I was saying that, had I played SWC, I might have picked an SWC quote (like Iceman's "That was for Vega 9"). However, I've yet to hear any of those quotes, and so I thought that among the remaining quotes (the non-SWC ones), "I hear my mom calling" from WC2 struck me as being the most ridiculous one.

I hope that makes things clearer. ;)

Anyone complaining about Origin's voice acting in Wing Commander never played an Armada match against someone with custom taunts. :)

I loved SO2 Maniac. "Shoot at the enemy, you idiot!"

I'll second Secret Ops' Casey. Try to picture those words coming out of Petraca's mouth, it just doesn't seem right.

Wing Commander 3? Really? I thought that the Kilrathi in Wing Commander 3 were pretty universally hailed as the best iteration of the Kilrathi.

Those taunts sure beat flying against the drakhai, they never shut up about how great they are.

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE DRAKHAI!! * five seconds later * YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE DRAKHAI!!

"You cannot defeat the heir to Kilrah!" - Thrakhath, the heir to Kilrah, shortly before his defeat.

Another weird thing about WC2's voices is that Thrakhath and Jazz each seem to have two different voice actors portraying them. Listen to either character talk in the cinematics, and compare that to their voice in the cockpit transmissions.

Anyone complaining about Origin's voice acting in Wing Commander never played an Armada match against someone with custom taunts. :)

BTW, I remember this little program that allowed us to make custom taunts on WCSO. I used it. Very amusing.

Hehe, I remember one of the few times I played Armada against one of my brother's friend (well, at least I could watch my brother play): we spend easily double the amount of time recording taunts than playing. They were ridiculous, I remember "This space fight was sponsored by Mars!" was one of them.

Ah good times, when everything seemed so much funnier :).

"You cannot defeat the heir to Kilrah!" - Thrakhath, the heir to Kilrah, shortly before his defeat.

Another weird thing about WC2's voices is that Thrakhath and Jazz each seem to have two different voice actors portraying them. Listen to either character talk in the cinematics, and compare that to their voice in the cockpit transmissions.

Yeah I noticed that one too... Jazz's voice was deeper in the cockpit!

Wing Commander 3? Really? I thought that the Kilrathi in Wing Commander 3 were pretty universally hailed as the best iteration of the Kilrathi.

Those taunts sure beat flying against the drakhai, they never shut up about how great they are.

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE DRAKHAI!! * five seconds later * YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE DRAKHAI!!

Not for me, I thought the WC3 Kilrathi were a bit awkward. They repeatedly told you you were a pathetic descendant of monkeys but looked like apes to me themselves. I even like the WC4 Melek better than the WC3 one (*ducks*).

I absolutely love the WC2 Kilrathi voices especially the Drakhai. I think it shows the fanatism and the the incredulous realization that the hairless ape is going to destroy you very well.

Back