Worst Fighter?

I never much cared for the Epee as a fighter. The only reason I can think of Confed using it is because of its ability to mount a single torpedo. I always prefered the Ferret to it in WC2. However, it is a good craft in Standoff.

Still think either the Hornet or the Gladius is the worst.

Lt.Death100 said:
Maybe it's that the hit detection is accurate now.:)

Accurate in terms of fictional space fighters means whatever is closest to the official source material.

The Salthi are pretty bad, but I love their Sartha descendants. They're not well armored, but a squadron of those little punks can wreak havoc as I so painfully discovered recently in Standoff.

As for Terrans, I don't know. I never really cared for the Scimitar in WC1 (though ironically it was my favorite ship on the Wing Commander MUSH a few years ago but I don't think the specs were right on with the game). The Hornet is an excellent light fighter and reconaissance ship and I used it splendidly in SM2, but I can see why some of you who stayed and dogfighted Kilrathi fleets would hate it. I suppose I must concede with the general consensus about the Epee and the Hellcat... they just didn't handle right. Aesthetically the Hellcat was nice but it just didn't work for me.

My favorite is the Rapier Mk II from WC2 and Standoff. It's just the perfect dogfighter. It's fast, maneuverable, excellent shields, and a great loadout of weaponry.

The problem with the Scimitar was that it was SLOWER than the heavier Raptor. If the cruising and afterburner speeds of the Scim and Raptor were swapped, WC1 would have been more balanced, but instead the Raptor had more speed, only a smidgen less turning rate, more shields and armor, and better guns and missiles.

Back