Worst Fighter?

Edx said:

I know, I have never been able to find it down here in Melbourne, Australia. Looked everywhere, but then again, I only came in late to the WC series so by the time I was looking for WC4 it was outdated and no place was selling it, or had it in stock.

Oh well, I'll find it eventually.

WC 4 and name

Lord Flasheart,

Check the "Where To Buy" section on the mainpage. Scroll down, I believe its on the right hand side. I was like you, didn't get into WC till 4 had just come out and I had to play it on a friends computer. The first copy of any WC game I ever owned was Prophecy Gold. But I now have the entire series, most within the last year and a half. So it can be done, just keep looking and be patient.

About your name. Is it from the British comedy Black Adder with Mr. Atkinson (of Mr. Bean fame)?

Bombadier said:
Lord Flasheart,

Check the "Where To Buy" section on the mainpage. Scroll down, I believe its on the right hand side. I was like you, didn't get into WC till 4 had just come out and I had to play it on a friends computer. The first copy of any WC game I ever owned was Prophecy Gold. But I now have the entire series, most within the last year and a half. So it can be done, just keep looking and be patient.

About your name. Is it from the British comedy Black Adder with Mr. Atkinson (of Mr. Bean fame)?

Cheers mate, I'll have a look, I'll get a job first though, need a bit of money wouldn't you say? :D

Thanks for that, and yes, its from Blackadder, the outragous Lord Flasheart, great quotes from him from series four :D.

Cheers!

As I played WCP I really hated the first missions in the piranha. ok shes very fast and maneuverable but the weapons...no no not my cup of tea...only a few blasts at full guns and you are low on energy...

Black-Wulf said:
As I played WCP I really hated the first missions in the piranha. ok shes very fast and maneuverable but the weapons...no no not my cup of tea...only a few blasts at full guns and you are low on energy...
But no-one can hit you and you're really fast! What's not to like?:D

Deacan said:
The Vampire - overguned, overpowered, an unfair piece of metal - two shots and all is silent.

i totally disagree!!! i loved that ship.
i would say Epee was definitely the worst, i got so frustrated flying it i drove into dralthi!!

Lt.Death100 said:
But no-one can hit you and you're really fast! What's not to like?:D

the firepower. I'm the guy to fly into combat with heavy guns firing and trying to get the first kill. with the piranha I could forget it...but at least I managed to play through WCP... :)

what do so many people have against the Epee??? I didn't have any probs with her...

The worst enemy is, in my opinion, the dralthi...damn I killed so many of them during the first approach in an head-to head dogfight...

Black-Wulf said:
the firepower. I'm the guy to fly into combat with heavy guns firing and trying to get the first kill. with the piranha I could forget it...but at least I managed to play through WCP... :)
Like Iceman would probably say, the other fighters handle like centaurian mud-pigs!:)

I hated the Hellcat. It's not that it wasn't a bad ship... I just didn't see the point. I felt that the Arrow could pretty much outperform the Hellcat in combat.

The hellcat kind of grew on me in WC4. I hate to admit that I don't have WC3 so the only time I flew the Arrow was in WC Armada (which my computer won't let me install anymore). In WC4 I hated the Banshee despite the fact that I love light fighters.

The Hellcat. It's a great looking fighter, but I just don't think the performance is there. There have been times where I've flown it just to change things up, but I usually regret it because I have less missiles than any other fighter, it's not as fast or maneuverable as the Arrow and doesn't have the slide function, it's guns and armor are weaker than the remaining fighters, and it doesn't carry a torp.

The Kilrathi ships are probably weaker though because some of them have a critical lack of forward firing guns and/or very few missiles (prob. other weaknesses too like shield recharge and armor).

Black-Wulf said:
the worst fighter is the salthi from WC1...I think I don't need to say anything more about it.
For enemy ships I'd have to say the bigger the fighter the easier it is. No matter how many turrets it has.

Starkey said:
Standoff´s Hornet :p

Yep. That's got to be the most difficult ship to fly. No armor, no shields, most of the other ships have more speed...no gun convergence. Not that I'm complaining; it just kicks the game up a notch.

Off topic, but when playing the Hornet, has anyone noticed that the first DF missile fires from the right edge of the wing, or is it just me? Practically every time I run the gauntlet, I'll have a point-blank shot at a bogey, I fire the missile, and it completely misses the target, because the Hornet's wings are just so huge! I curse myself every time that happens.

Starkey said:
In official games, I always hated the Epee.

Ditto. In the non-Standoff world, I'd take a Ferret over an Epee any day. I was comparing the two ships in the online database; according to the numbers, the Epee's actually got LESS armor. It also says the two particle cannons provide less damage per second than the mass driver, although they've got longer range. For some reason, the Epee just plays better in Standoff. I can't put my finger on it.

Cardinal said:
Ditto. In the non-Standoff world, I'd take a Ferret over an Epee any day. I was comparing the two ships in the online database; according to the numbers, the Epee's actually got LESS armor. It also says the two particle cannons provide less damage per second than the mass driver, although they've got longer range. For some reason, the Epee just plays better in Standoff. I can't put my finger on it.
Maybe it's that the hit detection is accurate now.:)

Back