Worst Episode of Wing Commander Academy?

Deshrill

Spaceman
Hey, thanks for everyone who enjoyed the commentary Will Thrasher and I did. We are considering doing another WCA audio commentary and wanted to do it on the "worst episode" of the series.

So, Wing Commanders, make your argument for the worst episode in the series. Once enough people respond, we'll make a commentary for that episode.

I went through and did notes for serious commentaries for the updated DVDs; we were going to give it a shot at D*C, but never got a chance.

That's too bad... I went to D*C this year, but didn't manage to catch you guys.

I can take a stab at a more sober commentary if you want, and you can slap it on the DVD if you're interested. Are you around the Atlanta area or not? I'm in Savannah right now...

Don't worry about it, we'll get to it sometime. LOAF actually has lots of great insights and observations. Detailed historical knowledge of all the ships, as we've been reporting on the front page, are a small example.

Eh, you wouldn't ever have known if you hadn't read about it here.

Recreation stands alone pretty well. If I had to pick a weakest episode, I'd go with Lords of the Sky - two 'ground' episodes in a row early on was sort of a mistake, and it's definately the weaker of the two.

Bandit LOAF said:
Eh, you wouldn't ever have known if you hadn't read about it here.
That is not entirely true, I knew of that the viking showed up in Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat as well as Wing Commander, I never watched Savage Dragon to know whether or not he was in it.

Okay, I'm going to expose my ignorance here. Bandit LOAF, I am amazed by the depth of your knowledge about WC!!! Did you work for Origin, or do you just have an amazing mind for factoids? Anyway, I think a commentary like the one LOAF is proposing would be great, but it would also be fun to include a "parody" track, as well.

Did any of you guys ever know about "Simul-Trek?" A radio station in California would brodcast it at the same time as episodes of Star Trek. Instead of just making fun of the episode (a la Mystery Science Fiction Theater 2000, which I found hilarious), they actually used the footage to make up a new and quirky story. Viewers just had to turn on the radio and turn down the sound on their TV and enjoy.

What's my point? Well, I think both kinds of commentary would be a good addition to any kind of DVD you are planning to put out about WCA (Incidentally, I have never seen any episodes of WCA, since I was in the Brazilian boondocks at the time it was airing... what a pity. I'll have to get around to it sometime).

Just a little feedback for your consideration.

Sphynx

I think I like the episode where the lizzard guy pretends to be human, so that He-Man thinks he killed a person, and quits. Oh, Well, I didn't watch all the episodes of WCA, so I can't chime in on this.

Sphynx said:
Bandit LOAF, I am amazed by the depth of your knowledge about WC!!! Did you work for Origin, or do you just have an amazing mind for factoids? Sphynx

The LOAFster has a mind like a Roach Motel. The "factoids" check in, but they don't check out! :D

He knows everything WC, I am very sure it comes from the vast amounts of information that he got while meeting people at origin you'll meet no man more dedicated to the knowlege of WC. reading all the canon materials also helps.

-Josh-

From chatting with LOAF the other day on AIM, I think I'll do a more "serious/fan approach" commentary of WCA this time, focused on "Lords of the Sky."

Back