World War 2/Kilrathi Comparisons

Dragonslayer

Spaceman
i see that a lot of people here make the World War 2/ Wing Commander comparison. Thats pretty much evident with the way combat is shown in the game. Close-in torpedo runs by bombers, ship-to-ship gun battles, carriers running the show, and the destruction of Kilrah mimics the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings. This is true but this comparison seems so simplistic. Kilrathi ship designs center around cruisers, corvettes, and destroyers much like the Soviets or Germans. The game has obviously evolved over time beyond Roberts' simple comparison.

Since the Thread is not closed..Ill say (again) my opinion.
Both WW2 and Confed-Kilrathi wars were big!

So a lot of stuff are similar.Lots of wars have similar events through history!
Maybe there are a few in the WC and WW2 but,I dont think ChrisRoberts wanted to make a Futuristic WW2 with WingCommander....

;)

Im tired and broken from final exams so ill keep this short. In terms of the combat technology, WC2 is very Second World War like but WC3 is more like the Cold War/World War 3 scenario. Skippers are very much like Soviet Cruise missiles. Prophecy represents current US doctrine with the carrier being in the thick of the action at the beginning and responding to major crises and not engaging in fleet actions. I think Tigers Claw is right. There are similarities to every modern war involving air and naval power. I think the most important thing to look at in the series is the evolution of the story and the characters.

Originally posted by Dragonslayer
Im tired and broken from final exams so ill keep this short. In terms of the combat technology, WC2 is very Second World War like but WC3 is more like the Cold War/World War 3 scenario. Skippers are very much like Soviet Cruise missiles. Prophecy represents current US doctrine with the carrier being in the thick of the action at the beginning and responding to major crises and not engaging in fleet actions. I think Tigers Claw is right. There are similarities to every modern war involving air and naval power. I think the most important thing to look at in the series is the evolution of the story and the characters.

Exactly...!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all (I know its a bit late...)

Just a quick comment, why should this thread be closed down? Why would it be? Don't tell me people flame over this argument?

Back