WOOHOO!! I love it!! just one little thing...

GrimReaper84

Spaceman
Hi there guys, downloaded this a few days ago and absolutly love it!! I was a huge fan of privatier back when it first came out (and for a loooong time after that) and I am just totally blown away bye this remake!! Fantastic work guys!!

Just one little thing... I was wondering if there is anyway of... well I suppose you would have to say improving... I would say fixing the Nav Map? At the momant it's almost as much a hinderance as a help and IMO is almost useless for a trader... well unless I'm missing something that is... The main thing is that I see no way of finding out just what basess are at a givin system, a prime example just came up with me.. I'm part way through the story line, I'm takeing a break from it while I go from an upgraded Mill. Spec. Deamon to a Mill. Spec. Centurian as I know that once you start working for... a sertain someone in New Constantinopal.. the **** really hits the fan and I want to have a mean ass ship before I reven THINK about doing those missions, now haveing just compleated a patroll mission for a very nice sum I looked up the news to see that a Blockade had just been broken on a planet, at this point I thought to myself "Now here's where I can make a few bob, I'm at a refinery so if I grap some medical supplys, pre-fabs and stuff like that and get it to this planet I should get a tidy sum for em" so I save, load up my ship, hit the vacume and goto my map to find this planet..... kinda like looking for a needle in a hey stack, I had no way of finding the planet in question to deliver my (I would very much think) needed supplyes, esp. the Medical Supplys as privious reports stated the civilians where being used as slave labor, if that doesn't spell a need for medical supplys I don't know what does!!

So basicly what I'm asking is that if there is a way to allow you to see what planets/basess are in a system and/or better yet a search facility in the Nav comp to look for a planet/base and plot a course to that system.

Before I leave this I just want to say again what a fantastic job you guys have done on this!!

While you're right from a "customer" viewpoint (adding features which make gameplay easier), it wasn't that way in the original Privateer. Part of the game was to find your way around, scribble your own map, draw up the jump routes and get involved.

While I don't know if this is still intentional (I'm having technical problems with the map as such, but some tweaking will get me there - just no time yet), I'd take the entrepreneurial route and check the web if there isn't some map around already.
And if it helps, there's a fixer called Phil Yellott who might help you - if you find him...

There is a way to have the map draw a line from one system to another. I don't use it myself, so check the manual for details.

JKeefe said:
There is a way to have the map draw a line from one system to another. I don't use it myself, so check the manual for details.

I know how to do that, I don't have any real problems getting from one system to the other. The problem was I had no idea (and no way of finding out) what system this planet was in.

Oh and criticalmass... I'm not 100% sure on this but I think you could find out what basses/planets where in a system when you had it selected in the nav map.

you have to select a system.
then click the target selected button
then it will draw a path from current system to said system...

then click path on off to display the path or turn it off.
up goes to sector view
down goes to insystem view

Just one little thing
Just one? That makes my day.
Oh and criticalmass... I'm not 100% sure on this but I think you could find out what basses/planets where in a system when you had it selected in the nav map.
In the original there was a system map and a quadrant map. I do not believe you could look at any systems other than the one you were in. If someone calls me on that, I'll go check it out :)

Well I looke at the manual (yes I still have an original Privatier manual) I found this, sorry about the image quality, only just got the scaner.

navcomp5fg.jpg

As you can see, with the system selected there is a list of all the basses & there type

Back