wonderfull Standoff - WC2 retro.... why not WC3?

PANI

Spaceman
hi everyone!

i just played standoff episode 3 and its really great, but i wait for a mod playing in the wc3 timeline. saga comes in 2669 and i dont wont think i cant wait until i can play a char in a wc3 timeline based mod.... so nobody want's the same?

hm.... :)
 

Sphynx

Commodore
People have different opinions and different favorites. I liked WC2 and WC3 for various reasons-- some of them the same and some of them different. They are what they are, and both are very well done for what was available at the time (and even for games now, in my opinion).

Anyways, I love Standoff, and I also believe that Saga will satisfy the fans who are looking forward to another WC3 era adventure.

I like both, and I'm excited about both. There's no reason to beat up on each other because we have different favorites.
 

Dyret

Super Carrot!
Sphynx said:
There's no reason to beat up on each other because we have different favorites.
No, no, no, that wasnt at all what I was trying to do. But I think the WC2 timeline has so many intresting and exciting event that it would be enough for half a dozen more fan mods, and love the fact that Standoff is about one of them. Although WC3 has a few nice scenarios as well.
 

PANI

Spaceman
Dyret said:
Why not WC3? Because WC2 is better.
WC3 was my first Wing Commander Game - i just played some missions from WC1 or WC2. But i think WC3 looks better ships, battleships, the cats.... everything, the style is more "realistic" i think....

could i fly with a hellcat? :D
 

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Fortunately not every one actually does, and there's plenty of ships that bridge the "gap."



 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sphynx

Commodore
Dyret said:
No, no, no, that wasnt at all what I was trying to do. But I think the WC2 timeline has so many intresting and exciting event that it would be enough for half a dozen more fan mods, and love the fact that Standoff is about one of them. Although WC3 has a few nice scenarios as well.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, Dyret. :) I owe you an apology.

I agree, though, that the WC2 timeframe is a very rich epoch which could spawn many very good fan projects (and already has, in my opinion).

There is room for all thoughtful fan projects, I believe.
 

Sphynx

Commodore
I think there is always potential.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that period supposed to be sort of a lull in the war, or am I just remembering incorrectly?
 

Eder

Mr. Standoff
I don't think there are any mods in that timeline, period. It's probably easier to make a likeable mod when you base it off some period that is more easily recognizable to most players.
 

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Sphynx said:
I think there is always potential.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that period supposed to be sort of a lull in the war, or am I just remembering incorrectly?
It's only an implied lull because our main character sat out that period. An average of fifty-some billion people died each year during the war, just on the Terran side, so I don't know what sort of lulls there really were.

Lt.Death100 said:
But it's an untapped timeline that gives you some freedoms to do what you want.
You don't need some ten year gap where one character sat in exile to tell a story. At any single point in the timeline, there are countless stories that haven't been told.
 

Lt.Death100

Spaceman
ChrisReid said:
You don't need some ten year gap where one character sat in exile to tell a story. At any single point in the timeline, there are countless stories that haven't been told.
OK, sorry I said anything.
 
Top