wishlist for 2.0 or latter

BerSerKer said:
2) Was wondering if the Wing Commander III Excallibur Heavy Fighter can be added into the REMAKE, it was a darn good ship...

You really think a privateer in gemini sector would fly around in confed's new super ship?

Although it is slighltly maybe overpowering, but maybe we can tweak the storyline to attain the ship through blackmarket or after tons of special mission of Confed & as a token of gratitude or etc. etc.

Oh well, it was worth a shot... :p

BerSerKer said:
3) I seen people modify their cockpit & i wanted to do the same with my Galaxy Class cockpit but lack the technical skills. Anywhere i can find files like that?
All of the cockpit graphics can be found it \Vegastrike\Privateer\cockpits. They are just PNGs with transparency and can be edited in any image editor.

BerSerKer said:
2) Was wondering if the Wing Commander III Excallibur Heavy Fighter can be added into the REMAKE, it was a darn good ship...

3) I seen people modify their cockpit & i wanted to do the same with my Galaxy Class cockpit but lack the technical skills. Anywhere i can find files like that?
Sort of an answer to those two questions:
The Excal never appeared in Privateer and won't be part of the game. Nothing stopping someone from adding it for his own personal enjoyment though :D (I've not actually done this, that shot is a centurion with an excal cockpit graphic I imported around 3 years ago into an old version of Vegastrike ;) The ship itself would be easy to add too though, as it was also imported once way back when)

Cockpit graphics are pretty easy to edit, open em up in paint ;) Of course, to be able to use transparency you might need something a bit more than paint..

.cpt and .spr files you can open up in notepad, if you have any changes you'd like to make regarding positioning you'll need to change some of those numbers. Can provide more detail if needed.

I think the "bumblebee" comment is something I relate to.

Playing the game it just seemed to jumpy, like I was playing TIE-Fighter or something. I think just the "feel" of the game can be tweaked, not talking about being more realistic, or less realitic, but just closer to a WC game (AND YOU'VE ALL DONE A HECK OF A JOB). Seems like I'm prone to over compensating or just constantly rolling and turning to get a shot in, or they are more prone to just bump into me or each other. I'm not the best of pilots, but things just seemed too much like sped-up animation to me, rather than the high-speed graceful mahem that is Wing Commander.

I really don't like this eject-after-blow thing.
I'm in the Blocade Point Alpha system, the AWACS blew my ship, and i floated in the space with my chair..
I think it is an unnecessary thing, because this i must exit the game and reaload agan. The whole game!
I want a load game function or hotkey if i floating in the space if it is possible.

Well, you can hit ctrl-d (i think) to suicide yourself. If I remembered wrong, try looking for "SuicideKey" in vegastrike.config. After you suicide, you can respawn (that is, reload) without having to exit and re-enter the game.

Dyret said:
You really think a privateer in gemini sector would fly around in confed's new super ship?

BerSerKer said:
Although it is slighltly maybe overpowering, but maybe we can tweak the storyline to attain the ship through blackmarket or after tons of special mission of Confed & as a token of gratitude or etc. etc.

Oh well, it was worth a shot... :p

I see the story line argument but i don't think this overpowering thing fits. I mean if there was anything like a balance of power (not gameplay) one's chances in a fight with the same ship as the own should be 50:50. They should be even less if one fights with a military ship (or does today any bountyhunter ride something that could take down an Abrahams Tank?). But nobody would be worried to fight three or four of those ships...
Overpowering is no argument because the player is already overpowering everithing else...

And I don't agree, as somebody said, that it's a question of money.
It never happened to my that i was hunting straight towards a talon, sure of my self and knowing that my armor would allow me to rip it in peaces by raming it, and suddenly the Talon took my down with ten proton torpedos, which are cheap... never happened...

Back