#wingnut v2 - Come To #Wingnut, Or Else!

#wingnut needed some selfless promotion....

Take advantage of this great CIC feature. Then you too could get shot down by me in WCP MP :) or conquered by ChrisReid in Armada.

#wingnut needed some selfless promotion....

Take advantage of this great CIC feature. Then you too could get shot down by me in WCP MP :) or conquered by ChrisReid in Armada.

Maybe you should look at the Killboard... Even if I'm out of action for now, you still have to catch me :D

Now, I got a new mIRC, but I'm still not finding you guys... Where did you move to? How the hell do I get there?:confused:

Maybe you should look at the Killboard... Even if I'm out of action for now, you still have to catch me :D

Now, I got a new mIRC, but I'm still not finding you guys... Where did you move to? How the hell do I get there?:confused:

You need to add irc.wcnews.com to your server list. Or from the status window type "/server irc.wcnews.com" that will connect you to the server. Then it's "/join #wingnut"

You can set up mIRC to do all this on startup as well.

I've been wondering where you've been too. I played a few games a few days ago with HCl and Popsicle that were pretty great.

EDIT: Also, Pete is starting to catch me on the killboard :) He was happy about the results the other day because he's pretty close to 3rd place. You also have a lot of "easy" kills there buddy and you know what I mean :)

Just as a friendly heads-up, a lot of the time one can go for hours on end without any activity, while at other times (particularly evening in the US) it's easy to get lost with all the activity.

And don't be surprised if you get ignored after popping in, saying something then not even waiting a full 60 seconds before dropping back out, and repeating several times in the space of 5 minutes. Being available for talk doesn't mean those in the channel are at your beck and call.

Yeah, I popped in once yesterday (or today?), but there wasn't any activity at all so I figured everyone were asleep, AFK, or something. If that's a problem I guess I can stick around longer next time. I certainly don't expect anyone to be at my "beck and call".

Just hang out and spend the whole day next time. There's no need to leave!

And conversations are somewhat unpredictable where they'll show up. And often if someone has something they want to ask, the best way to get a response is to just ask the question.

(And sometimes the best way to have a conversation about a particular item is to start it)

Instead of reading about WC at the forums why not come chat WC in #wingnut...you're already on the forums so clearly you are thinking WC...why not drop in?

If you're reading the forums now you should drop in. The guys are down at DragonCon checking in while the rest of the regulars jealously listen on.

Time for my random post to the #wingnut thread.

We are watching WC Academy in #wingnut today working on some cool stuff :cool:....stop by if you want to hear more!

Trying to connect via my smartphone, but I'm getting an error.

For server I put into the following
Hostname: irc.wcnews.com (also tried wcnews.com and /server irc.wcnews.com)
Port: 6667

For channel I put in the following:
Channel: #wingnut (also tried /join #wingnut)

Connected fine here through mIRC.

That's the right connection info too (irc.wcnews.com:6667)

What's the error?

Well I'm not sure what fixed it, but I'll post this for anybody else who attempts to go IRC via smartphone. I'm using a free app called IRC999 on the iPhone. Here is info I'm using

Server Settings
Hostname: irc.wcnews.com
Port: 6667
Nickname, Username, and Realname are all filled in
Char Set is US-ASCII

Channel Settings
Channel: #wingnut
Auto Join is on

Possibly it may just take time or being in an area with good 3G/4G internet. Wifi probably helps too.

Back