#wingnut v2 - Come To #Wingnut, Or Else!

There's lots of other better low-resource irc clients. The java client is just really easy for new people. It's not something people should use on a regular basis.

ChrisReid said:
#Wingnut is the irc channel where Wing Commander people hang out and talk.

I'm a fan of Wing Commander, and I think I've made it quite evident. Why then, have I been banned?

Because you're a big jerkhole. If #Wingnut were Crius.net, you'd have broken most of the rules numerous times.

ChrisReid said:
There's lots of other better low-resource irc clients. The java client is just really easy for new people. It's not something people should use on a regular basis.

The only reason I want to use the Javaclient is for while I'm at work...can't seem to get my irc programs working there due to...I'm guessing anyways...firewalls and proxies.

I did the same thing - while it lasted. If your place of employment is anything like mine, they'll just block IRC access, which will kill the Javaclient one too, obviously.

ChrisReid said:
Because you're a big jerkhole. If #Wingnut were Crius.net, you'd have broken most of the rules numerous times.

Wasn't it the Dalai Lama who said "Know all of the rules, so you know how to break them properly"?

That aside, I do believe I have made up for it, by either apologizing, adhering to what you say, and contributing a great deal of my time in months past to the Wing Commander Fanbase.

As for why I'm banned now, I have no clue. I've been rather turgid in my jerkholishness, and I formally apologize to you, Mr. Reid, the regulars at #WingNut, as well as the entire Wing Commander fan population. I don't know what more could be done for someone in my predicament.

Am I to just stop playing WC, and connecting with people who associate with my love of Wing Commander? Just shut off and move on to someone else? Other people would say thats maturing, I say its death.

Wing Commander has been a part of me for the better part of 12 years, with Wing Commander Privateer at the forefront of nostalgic memorandum, to deny someone fond memories of youth, wouldn't that be a great injustice? By wiping away their memories, only to be replaced by people who kicked you out for infractions incurred?

Not to say that what I've done is completely right, but I feel that I can still contribute a lot to wcnews.com, should the Chanops choose to let me in.

Its up to you though. Thanks for everything guys.

ChrisReid said:

If you want me to stop, maybe you should tell me the rules? Obviously I don't know them. Could you direct me to some? Or is it common sense???

hakatsuru said:
If you want me to stop, maybe you should tell me the rules? Obviously I don't know them. Could you direct me to some? Or is it common sense???
It's on the bar on the top of your screen.

hakatsuru said:
Wasn't it the Dalai Lama who said "Know all of the rules, so you know how to break them properly"?

How clever.

hakatsuru said:
That aside, I do believe I have made up for it, by either apologizing, adhering to what you say, and contributing a great deal of my time in months past to the Wing Commander Fanbase.

That's funny. I haven't noticed you contribute much of anything ever.

hakatsuru said:
As for why I'm banned now, I have no clue. I've been rather turgid in my jerkholishness, and I formally apologize to you, Mr. Reid, the regulars at #WingNut, as well as the entire Wing Commander fan population. I don't know what more could be done for someone in my predicament.

Stop being a jerkhole for starters.

hakatsuru said:
Am I to just stop playing WC, and connecting with people who associate with my love of Wing Commander? Just shut off and move on to someone else? Other people would say thats maturing, I say its death.

It's up to you.

hakatsuru said:
Wing Commander has been a part of me for the better part of 12 years,

So what's that.. like six or seven years?

hakatsuru said:
with Wing Commander Privateer at the forefront of nostalgic memorandum, to deny someone fond memories of youth, wouldn't that be a great injustice? By wiping away their memories, only to be replaced by people who kicked you out for infractions incurred?

LOOK AT ME! I KNOW BIG WORDS!

hakatsuru said:
Not to say that what I've done is completely right,

...or right any amount whatsoever.

hakatsuru said:
but I feel that I can still contribute a lot to wcnews.com, should the Chanops choose to let me in.

See, you were let back in half a dozen times earlier this year. Each time you came in and screwed it up. There's absolutely no reason to believe that *this* time you'll behave.

hakatsuru said:
Its up to you though. Thanks for everything guys.

You're welcome.

hakatsuru said:

Of course it is. That's all it is everywhere. The rules for #Wingnut are in the clearly marked "Rules" section of the #Wingnut section linked off the CIC front page. There's nothing to stop though, since you're banned from the channel.

AD said:
Heh... Yeah, that and mean streets were amazing back in the day. They actually played speech using the PC speaker.

I had a somewhat large mono speaker plugged on the computer to improve the sound on old games. But it was almost impossible to figure out anything what anyone was saying. Only a few games had good music, like Defender of the Crown.

So... your idea to get back into #WingNut is to blackmail the community and to insult one of the channel operators?

I can see a couple things. You insult Chris, and even tried to impersonate him. I would consider that quite insulting, and imagine that Chris would too.

hakatsuru said:
What rules am I breaking, since the only rules there are are to be friendly? I'm pretty friendly...

hakatsuru said:
I put F*CK YOU, ChrisReid on a totally independant site thats NOT wcnews.com or Crius.net

Yeah, really friendly people call each other terrible words all the time. I bet you'd think I was your best friend if I told you what a worthless, self-involved, miserable bucket of piss I think you are.

hakatsuru said:
I hate being disconnected, for I very much consider you all my friends. Even Chris.

Your entire post reminds me of a really sad, bipolar version of "Flowers for Algernon". Instead of being dumb, getting smart and then being dumb again - you get angry then happy and then angry again. I would consider going to a therapist or perhaps consulting a doctor on some medication if this is how you interact with the real world.

Back