Wingman Abilities- Facts?

Mjr. Whoopass

<FONT color=lightblue><B>I was going to say someth
I was wondering if anyone knows the programming behind the AI's of your wingmen? I'm concerned primarily in how they perform on the nightmare difficulty level setting. I know WC4 lists their abilities under Aggressiveness, Courage, Flying Skills, and Gunnery Skill, but I'm not sure of the exact effect each of those has in combat- which ones help them stay alive longer, which ones make conservative and accurate use of missiles, etc.. If no one has knowledge of how they were programmed, maybe someone has ran tests? If not I was considering playing one of the missions that has 3 wingmen while I flew a cloaked Dragon and recorded the results of kills and amount of survival time. Also, do their abilities directly relate to their kill scores? I noticed that some of the better rated pilots (flying skill and gunnery skill- i.e. Yaeger and Primate) have lower kill scores than pilots with lower ratings. Are certain pilots better with certain ships? I know that in WC 3 and 4 certain pilots are in certain kinds of fighters when you're forced to fly with them (Flint in heavy fighters: Longbow and Thunderbolt, Maniac + Flash in light fighters: Arrows for WC3 and Maniac in Hellcats in WC4, Hobbes in medium: Hellcat and Thunderbolt, etc..) Also since we never see ability ratings in WC3, does anyone know how the various pilots measure up? Mainly I'm concerned with facts on WC4 abilities more than conjecture, but opinions are still welcome.

Back