Wingcommander MOD in Cryengine3?

Tretboot

Captain
Hi there!
So yesterday i was surfing a bit through the web looking at info for the very nice Cryengine3 that will power Star Citizen, and Crytek prominently told me on their website this:

Free CryENGINE®3 SDK for non-commercial use
Anyone can now download a full version of the best All-In-One Game Development Engine, for free and use it without charge for non-commercial game development. Try out the fastest toolset for creating game worlds and use the power of CryENGINE 3 in your own games.

I am sadly not really good with modding and 3d modeling and all (wish i were...) but i got the idea that it might be maybe pretty easy to use all those nice models that you all made, throw it in that engine and have some fun with it. It would also be a very nice startingpoint for doing mods for Star Citizen, wich will have mod support and uses just this engine.

I can understand that no one thought of this before Chris Roberts proved that the Cryengine3 can be used for a game like this. But now? This could also raise interest in the game a lot and give us all something fun to do while we wait for the real thing.

So tell me, did i miss something, or would this be possible to do?

Back