Wing Commander Zone Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Hey, check out a few pictures of us Zoning it up at the CIC. It was a whole lot of fun. Is there any way we could schedule times to play on a somewhat regular basis? What sort of times would be good for people?

Hmmm... Friday or Sunday evenings appeal to me. I'd probably join in if we had set times each week, though.

Depends on how my school schedule *actually* works out (rather than what it says on paper...)

Any weekday, anytime after 6 central is good for me :) Weekends, anytime I guess. I'll make it when I can.

C-ya

How about 7/6 central to 9/8 central every Saturday? That's a reasonable time slot for everyone in different time zones

Two hours is plenty of time for fun killin'!

surely you could just use a form and then parse the results? You select a time zone and when you're free on each day. Have the results sent in a particular format and just count the most popular time.

Or just look at CIC site stats. When you get the most hits.

Then just announce the time!

Why would we use a form? There are, like, 20 people total that play in the Wing Commander Zone... we aren't talking a huge logistics problem in collecting this sort of information.

I might be able to make it around 8PM EST ... but I'm more likely to drop in around midnight ...

TheLowlyDog said:
We should decide times in wingnut, in real time, where responses are fast and sharp.

Good idea. I'll start a thread so we can discuss how the twenty of us can find a good time where we can all get together on #Wingnut and decide a time to play Subspace together.

ZFGokuSSJ1 said:
How about 7/6 central to 9/8 central every Saturday? That's a reasonable time slot for everyone in different time zones. Two hours is plenty of time for fun killin'!

Two hours is probably too long. People's eyes begin to ache and hands begin to cramp after an hour. So something like a start at 6 pm Pacific/9 pm Eastern and end at 7 pm/10 pm might work for us.. But recall a good chunk of people are in Europe and Australia. They'd be completely out unless they were willing to skew their sleeping schedule for that day to accomodate. That's why I earlier brought up some morning-US times as well. It does seem like at least for some games, Saturday evening in the US is shaping up as a decent time.

Friday night in the US is Saturday morning here, so Friday night works well, for anyone in Australia.

I think a Saturday night (and therefore Sunday morning in Aus) would probably get a bigger crowd for us.

That's fair enough. I probably won't be able to make it, but that's not really an issue.

You're not free Sunday mornings? This is partly why I want a rotating schedule.. Have a couple very different times each month to capture different time zones and schedules.

TC said:
Why would we use a form? There are, like, 20 people total that play in the Wing Commander Zone... we aren't talking a huge logistics problem in collecting this sort of information.
Well there you go then ... I am obviously not one of those that plays ;)

What are the ship types/stats/abilities in the WC zone? I stick to Alpha and Chaos, and don't get out much. :p

There's no reason to dig up a thread whose last post was August 2003?

Besides the horror of year-and-a-half bumps, the WC Zone isn't even around any more, its hosting went *poof* early-ish last year (IIRC).

Oh, and as per CIC Forum admin policies, this thread is closed. No need to further encourage things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back