Wing Commander without dying...

Flashpoint

Rear Admiral
Has anyone ever tried or even done this?
I once managed to get through the Vega missions of WC1 without dying. It was back on the Amiga, so there were no secret missions or sequels to carry on with.

I'd like to try this again soon.

I once made it through WC1 without dying once without cheating. WC2 I was doing fine once till I got hit by an anti-matter shot from a Fralthra. So that stopped that "no-die". I only get tagged in WC 3 and 4 if I play higher then Ace level, though a cruiser did get lucky once. Prophecy and SO I died...alot. Took some getting used to with the new enemy and engine. I adapted eventully but I do still die now and then. Standoff was a bitch and a half, but man once you won you felt really f-ing good.

Edit:
I should note that I did NOT challenge the Drakhai fleet during the "recon" run in Firekka at that time.

I once challenged myself to make it through Wing Commander and the Secret Missions without death. Made it all the way to Venice 2, killed the Fralthi, then upon landing, my finger slipped on the afterburner. I collided with the Tiger's Claw, died, and let out a loud expletive, before having a tantrum, and (stupidly) switching my computer off at the wall without shutting it down properly. I decided around that time I probably needed anger management.

Heaven knows how frustrating a death-free play-through of SM2 would have been if I'd made it that far.

Back