Wing Commander: Universe News Update

Darkmage

Vice Admiral
Hi all, been hard at work getting things sorted out with the game. I am going to try to get a release out ASAP. Any ships not on the list which are not from wc34 would be appreciated. I have all the wc3/4 meshes here and I will try to get them in shortly.
Please note the angelfire address is no longer the homepage of the project. A new one is being set up at sourceforge.net but is yet to be completed. Before I release, I want to get as many WC3 ships in as possible.
This is the current list of ships which I have converted into the game:
Arrow
Avenger
Banshee
Bearcat
Broadsword
Centurion
Concordia
Crossbow
Darket
Dorkathi
Drakhri
Dralthi
Dralthi mk2
Dralthi mk4
Drayman *
Ekapshi
Epee
Excalibur
Exeter
Ferret
Fralthi
Gladius *
Goran
Gratha
Hellcat
Hornet
Jalkehi
Jalthi
Jrathek
Kamekh *
khahaf
korlarh
Krant
Paktahn
Paradigm
Phantom
Ralari
Rapier
Raptor
Sabre
Salthi
Scimitar
Sorthak
Stiletto
Strakha mk2
Tallahasee
Tiger's claw
Thunderbolt
Venture
Vindicator
Wraith
* Privateer version

redo all the wc1 wc2 wc3 priv mission trees and be able to play through the whole thing. as a privateer, or enlist and play in the confed forces.

along with newer stories. like a brand new steltek encounter, etc.

what is the new priv story you had in mind like?

-scheherazade

New Priv story was kinda all over the place, but i had decided to make lots of multithreaded plots, and subquests etc.

You forgot the Talon Fighter from Privateer. And the Morningstar from WC2 Special Operations 2.

What kind of multiple threads are we talking about here? Fly for this person so you can get to that person, like the original Privateer?

Can you update your website with some pics of these other ships? and maybe a progress indicator, of where you are and what you have accomplished...

I am very much looking forward to this MOD.:D

vs engine allows for mission scripting.

you can have it set up like original pricateer

you can make a mission tree like in wc1/2/3 etc where your performance in one mission led you to another, etc.

you could even hybridize the methods and have something like privateer with a wide rande of storyline mission possibilities.

-scheherazade

talons are all finished, I have exams over the next few weeks so progress will stop, i will continue with the mod after they're finished

I'm not missing the Dragon... i'm leaving it out of the game.. it's stupid to have something in 2669 which didn't exist until 2679.
BTW this is a list of stuff that's converted, and INGAME, not a list of what i have... lexington and victory are being held up by hangar problems.

either way, as I said before, it didn't exist till AFTER 2669, hence it's not in the game.... of course this may be subject to change... there is a major campaign idea in the works which may change the way every one looks at WC, but for now it's still not in.

Back