Wing Commander Universe After Prophecy

A loooong time ago I heard that many of the loose plotlines are picked up and "solved" in the Privateer 3 script... :D ;)

AD said:
The way that Prophecy ended has been debated to death... Literally. The game is shot ambiguously so that if there were sequels they had the option of following up on that, Yet the general consensus was that, for all intents and purposes, Blair was dead. There are still some who maintain varous theories about the possible fate of Blair.

I dont think confed would ever launch the kind of offensive into unknown space that you guys seem to be suggesting. They have absolutely no clue about the true nature of the nephilim nor of the size of fleet that would await them on the other side of the portal.

I would suggest that either the cerberus alone, or a captured and modified bug ship, would be sent through on strict stealth orders, a reconaisance mission. Asses the enemies capabilities and weaknesses and maybe find out more about their nature while they're at it. Just think: no reinforcements... every kill is a necessity. No communicating with HQ. Limited supplies. Of course they would find the bugs amasing for the death blow. An enormous invasion has begun. The final mission set would be a race home ahead of the bug fleet to warn confed. The game would end with them jumping back into confed space minutes ahead of the incomming bugs (a fleet so large its like the stars are blackened and armageddon has begun)... roll credits.

Of course that would lead up to a final game in which the final desperate stuggle is fought for the survival of mankind.

The thought has sure cross many minds about the fate of Confed after Prophecy. Although I do not know much of the story in secret ops but I would agree the possibility that Confed might send a recon fleet or some sort with strict orders to scout and survey.
I like the idea that the bugs have amassed a large fleet to eliminate humanity.
Reminds me of that Kilrathi term, Jak-tu.
At this point there has been no news of a continuing Wing Commander Game and it is sad it to see no future outcome after the events of Prophecy/Secret Ops

Fruitcake said:
It's safe to say the Midway would be destroyed in the opening sequence of WC6.

I wouldn't bet on that. SO gave us an OPEN wormhole. And WC6 had the working title "Strike Team". So bets are high IMHO that it would have been a scout mission into the bug universe. So the whole game would probably have been more in the line of the Tarawa mission then I guess. Which doesn't need for any old ships to be destroyed.

WC4 doesn't start with the Victory's death, nor WCP with the Intrepid's, or WCSO with the Midway's. So it's 3 against 2.

It's safe to say the Midway would be destroyed in the opening sequence of WC6.

Well, of course, there's no reasonable way to define WC6 as anything other than Secret Ops -- and even there you're on shaky ground since they dropped the numbering two games earlier.

The 'ship always gets destroyed!' joke didn't really survive 1994, though -- since the Victory (WC3), Lexington/Intrepid (WC4) and Midway (WCP) all survived their respective sequels.

I wouldn't bet on that. SO gave us an OPEN wormhole. And WC6 had the working title "Strike Team". So bets are high IMHO that it would have been a scout mission into the bug universe. So the whole game would probably have been more in the line of the Tarawa mission then I guess. Which doesn't need for any old ships to be destroyed.

If you don't consider Secret Ops to be WC6, then you probably wouldn't have considered 'Strike Team' that way either -- it was a 'concept' game, creating a scenario through which to allow the multiplayer modes they thought would save the franchise at that point.

I like the idea that the bugs have amassed a large fleet to eliminate humanity.
Reminds me of that Kilrathi term, Jak-tu.

Wouldn't sending a reconaissance force that lets the enemy know you're out there and then an invasion group be pretty much as far from the concept of a shocking surprise attack as possible?

Back