Wing Commander UK DVD

It's what I've heard, it's illegal to change the region settings on your DVD Player. But if you have a PS2, HMV sells a Disc that you can use to play other Regions on it (I have it, but haven't had a chance to try it out). You may ask "If the thing I tried is considered illegal, how is the Disc you mention not", my answer is, HMV would not be selling it if it was illegal, they wouldn't risk it

Well Im pretty sure they wont arrest me for it :) It means they could technically sue me perhaps, but its not "illegal". Its not like Im not paying for something, and getting it for nothing.

Ed

i dont get why people dislike the region 1 version as this version has a cast list on teh disk and a trailio + 2 tv spots yes it looks bad as its ntsc or w.e format rather then pal but its still well better then the pal video that i had + the region 1 dvd I have is formated for both pal and ntsc i really enjoyed the scene about taggets pilgram background

on the subject of the film does any one have info about where i can buy its score in manuscript or/and CD form??

The time difference is explained above, it's due to an FPS difference between PAL and NTSC.

BTW, I don't think it's actually illegal to region-unlock dvd-players, considering how 99% of the players have a handy remote-control key-sequence that unlocks it right away.

It's what I've heard, it's illegal to change the region settings on your DVD Player. But if you have a PS2, HMV sells a Disc that you can use to play other Regions on it (I have it, but haven't had a chance to try it out). You may ask "If the thing I tried is considered illegal, how is the Disc you mention not", my answer is, HMV would not be selling it if it was illegal, they wouldn't risk it

Using your hardware player to view other-region discs is not illegal. Physically modifying it probably voids your warranty.

In the case of software players, it probably goes against your EULA... which makes it some form of breach of contract on your part.

i dont get why people dislike the region 1 version as this version has a cast list on teh disk and a trailio + 2 tv spots yes it looks bad as its ntsc or w.e format rather then pal but its still well better then the pal video that i had + the region 1 dvd I have is formated for both pal and ntsc i really enjoyed the scene about taggets pilgram background

The UK release is anamorphic, the US release is not. The end result is that the picture looks sharper.

Bandit LOAF said:
In the case of software players, it probably goes against your EULA... which makes it some form of breach of contract on your part.

The UK release is anamorphic, the US release is not. The end result is that the picture looks sharper.

Do you mean, playing a US PS2 game on a UK PS2 thatt's been Chipped?

The DVD is Ace

Back