Wing Commander Timeline

As far as the movie goes, Its going to stay, its part of the wing commander universe was created by Chris Roberts and there is nothing so far to say its not able to stay included. For the rest the dates and everything again thanks. Once I get some time I'm going to start fresh with it.

I think it was the casual snipe against the French he was referring to frosty, rather than complaining about the film. The way you wrote your post (unintentionally, I'm sure), it came across as if you were having a bit of a dig.

Moving on, anyway.

While the French jab is objectionable, so, around here, is the "parallel universe" crap. What one person or another (particularly some random intarwebber who thinks their opinion matters more than the creator of the entire franchise) may "consider" the movie is irrelevant. The movie is an integral part of the WC universe.

Didn't Chen have a wife and child? So presumably the film was suggesting he was having some sort of affair with Angel then. Not inconceivable, but it does seem to be a bit of a change for his character.

The novelization says that they weren't having an affair, that they were simply very close friends.

As for Paladins' accent, I'm not convinced that really makes sense. He changes his accent, but not his name? I don't know, it all seems a little tenuous to me.

I don't like it either, except as a 'well see!' point. I think the more logical point is simply that the nationality of an *actor* and the nationality of a character are not one and the same.

Tcheky Karyo did an excellent job as Paladin, and it would have been pretty crummy if he'd been playing him with a thick Scottish brogue.

I'd always considered the film to be in a sort of parallel universe to the games. It doesn't really make much sense to me to have them in the same timeline. You'd have two Todd Marshals (both with callsigns of Maniac), two Christopher Blairs, two Kien Chens (both called Bossman) all stationed on a ship called the Tiger's Claw in the Vega sector in the same year.

Well, I think the easiest explanation is that the movie is the story of Blair and Maniac's first mission on the Tiger's Claw... I don't think there needs to be two of anything.

In the Price of Freedom Novel didn't Paladin drop his accent, then "regained" it when he decided to "dust off the cloak and dagger" and check up on Tolwyn?

Paladin isn't even really scottish, if he's a pilgrim.

Somewhere I heard that Paladin *isn't* pilgrim though. Supposedly he lived as one in some covert op during the pilgrim war.

However I agree that the movie (and perhaps the novel) suggests he is a Pilgrim

http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=21853
A young Captain James Taggart is assigned to Confederation Intelligence Services. He is paired with an operative named Ebeneezer and the two pose as Pilgrim free traders. He later remembers the experience for having attending prayer meetings, con/crit sessions and transcendence dances. He infiltrates Peron, where he becomes acquainted with Solomon Truepath and Devi Soulsong, the grandfather and mother of Christopher Blair.

Somewhere I heard that Paladin *isn't* pilgrim though. Supposedly he lived as one in some covert op during the pilgrim war.

However I agree that the movie (and perhaps the novel) suggests he is a Pilgrim

http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=21853

If he's not an actual Pilgrim, then he must have gained some of thier abilities as he was able to get the Tiger Claw through to the Ulysseus Corridor by jumping a Pulsar.

If he's not an actual Pilgrim, then he must have gained some of thier abilities as he was able to get the Tiger Claw through to the Ulysseus Corridor by jumping a Pulsar.

Perhaps, though it's hard to say that he specifically computes the jump. Rather he may have been relying on calculations and jump coordinates from the old pilgrim maps that the Tiger Claw's AI computer didn't agree with. After all it wasn't a jump point on the standard confed charts so it would seem.

Paladin isn't even really scottish, if he's a pilgrim.

Paladin isn't Scottish as it is. He was born above Mars to Scottish parents, so he probably acts alot like a Scot, as you can see in the games, but he isn't Scottish born. But then again, that's good enough for me to call him a Scot! :p

Cheers,

Chris.

Paladin isn't Scottish as it is. He was born above Mars[...]

Nitpick: Venus, as part of the terraforming project there. :)

(Also, I don't recall that the nationality of his parents was ever mentioned. The last name alone isn't an indicator of anything, even nowadays, let alone nearly 600 years in the future.)

He is a venusian-scottish-pilgrim that changed his accent. So what? The movie Paladin isn't more different from the WC2 one than the WC3 one.

Paladin confirms in Pilgrim Stars that he is *descended* from Pilgrims (he seems careful never to call himself one), but he was not raised as part of the Pilgrim religion. His knowledge of their culture comes from his time in Naval Intelligence during the war. He wears his cross because of his relationship with Amity.

(It is an interesting situation, though - he's not *exactly* what he seems with the reveal in the movie itself...)

The movie's big "reveal" to Blair is that he has a Pilgrim Cross... which means that knowing the Pulsar coordinates, which Blair saw, *wasn't* a give-away that he was Pilgrim (he knew where it was, not anything special about how to jump it).

(Also, I don't recall that the nationality of his parents was ever mentioned. The last name alone isn't an indicator of anything, even nowadays, let alone nearly 600 years in the future.)

Claw Marks says that his parents were from "Wick, Scotland".

Thanks for all the help! If there is anymore info to be shared here I know I would be glad to here it. I am starting the new timeline from pretty much scratch. I don't know when I will get it done. I have a lot of stuff with finals right now but in a week or so, I should be on it.

Finished!

Here is my finished copy of the whole WC time-line in games and books. I did save the file still so I can edit it very easily. So just game time-line or book time line whatever I can still do it. I did have to down size this file so it can fit on the forums.

Hope you guys like. :D

Attachments

• Wing Commander Timeline.jpg
    Wing Commander Timeline.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 167
Looking good Kilrathikiller.:D

Note that the Wing Commander movie comes before Pilgrim Stars and that while Action station was written after WC IV its story primarily takes place in 2634 and how the Kilrathi War started. So you might want to show it either there or in both places.

My two cents.

Keep up the good work.

sorry about that with pilgrim stars but with Action stations it truly takes place in 2677 looking back on how the war started thats my reasoning for that. Its fixed now again
knocked down the quality to fit on the site

Attachments

• Wing Commander Timeline.jpg
    Wing Commander Timeline.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 180
Thanks. Glad that some people are a appreciating it. I just wanted something to give a guideline for if I or somebody wanted to do everything wing commander in order.

Back