Wing commander the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingnut

Spaceman
You have a very large military base located in an asteroid belt. Suddenly I am to believe.
1,000,000 Enemy fighters, 40 capital ships swarming in out of nowhere. Their plan is to
take control of the base and steel the Navcom A.I. and than blow you to hell.

O.K. tell me where and what are your defenses systems?
You mean to tell me There's nobody on patrol in the area? That doesn't make any sense...
Nobody's watching the radar?... You got to be kidding!....
Didn't they learn Anything from their past history!...

Then you're only option is to destroy the Navcom A.I. but someone or thing has over written the command codes so you can't even do that. What's up with that! Who did that!
Am I to believe the Kilrathi got their information from captured pilots? Pilgrims maybe? There is just too many pieces to this puzzle that I haven't figured out.
Can someone shed some light on this?
------------------
Thanks
Wingnut

Those Pethodical Bastard's! ....Their Nuke'in Every Crater!....

Originally posted by Wingnut
Pilgrims maybe?

Yes.

It's all explained in the novel (and other versions of the movie script). The Pilgrim Traitor plot was the best part of the story, IMHO. Pegasus' commander was in league with the Kilrathi.

Pilgrims consider themselves to be superior to humans, and their fanatics seek revenge for the last war... siding with the Kilrathi is a good way to get that.

The original movie-as-filmed was that the commander of Pegasus (Admiral Wilson) was a Pilgrim traitor -- he allowed the Kilrathi to take the station and was the reason the NavCom couldn't be read.

The entire thing got cut after test audiences didn't recognize Wilson when he reappears later in the movie.

That's just the sort of thing that burns my hide... make a movie for the masses, and you get a movie that makes no damn sense. Make a movie YOU like, and people will think you a genious(some people, anyway)

Originally posted by Manic
That's just the sort of thing that burns my hide... make a movie for the masses, and you get a movie that makes no damn sense. Make a movie YOU like, and people will think you a genious(some people, anyway)

They had a point -- Wilson appears for a few seconds in the beginning, is not named and looks remarkably like Captain Sansky. Why should anyone recognize him an hour and a half later?

To be honest the story as whole was told really really badly, and also directed badly... one thing which annoys me is when after you get that nice-ish flyby of pegasus station once you get past the window the camera does the most rediculus 180 deg spin... its just so lame...

Still that test screening stuff does actually explain alot... but why cut such an important plot device from the film entirely?

Because they did a poor casting job, and both the captain of the Tiger Claw(what idiot screwed up THAT name, must never had played the game), and the fellow who plays Wilson look similar. Personally, I would have simply gotten an actor that didn't look exactly like Sandsky(spellings off, I know).
In my humble opinion... Tolwyn should have been played(as always before) by McDowell, and Wilson been replaced by the actor who actually did play Tolwyn. Would have been a better fit, but that's just wishful thinking...

You'd have to be some sort of amazing brilliant super-genius to get the name of the captain of the Tiger's Claw from Wing Commander 1... since it's *NEVER MENTIONED*. :)

LOAF, I think he was referring to the fact that they misspelled the Tiger´s Claw name, writing it TIGER CLAW, without the aposthrophe (sp?)

Left out the S also.

Bottom line, folks: many of us here have already heard everything negative you could possibly say about the movie. The issue is a dead horse, quit beating it.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
...[Wilson] allowed the Kilrathi to take the station and was the reason the NavCom couldn't be read.
Wait, he gave the Kilrathi the AI, but also scrambled it? Why?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
...an hour and a half later?
The movie wasn't even that long, was it?

Originally posted by Manic
...Tolwyn should have been played (as always before) by McDowell...
Tolwyn would have been reasonably young as well, wouldn't he?

... because he'd locked it up... so they couldn't access it (to self destruct it) before the Kilrathi took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back