WING Commander: The Kilrathi War (Space TC for Star Wars Empire At War)

I like this one much more. Also about the details. Didn't Eaw support normal or bumpmaps? If so you could add some details useing the texture maps instead of putting everything into the geometrie.

Yes. EaW and FoC do support bump maps but the problem is the maps themselves don't show very well unless you have the detailing set to full. I'll give it a go though and see what happens.

I don't know much about how EaW handles bumpmaps but mostly its better to have a good map + bumpmap then to many polys when it comes to the performance.

Interesting, Engines seemed like they were yello... I can send you over some engine sample so that you'r able to get lighting inside the engine nozzle.. If you want. Might help out with making them look like the original :)

Well its been almost 3 weeks since I last posted and work on this has been slow (thats the general problems of real life I suppose) but I have completed another WIP. This time the Hades gets a make over and whilst the mesh is completed I'm seriously not sure about the rear of the engine (the original was a yellowish colour) so any comment on this is welcome. Poly count is around 1k higher than the original but this time I've stuck more faithfully to the original stock model I have. The textures are, again, the original ones so the detail isn't great but will suffice for the game. After this the Concordia is next. Please can everyone remember that the supposed glow for the engines is only temporary.

hades1.jpg

hades2.jpg

That looks good I like the engines....What's up with the glow..Juuuust kidding :) But seriously though looks really good

Back