wing commander secret ops, not working

CaptHornet

Spaceman
hey everyone i dont not what to do, when i install wcso i get a error and it says something about a glider2x.dll file, what can i do to fix it????

The WC Saga forum is for a particular fan mod. This has been moved to the Tech Support forum.

Also, don't doublepost your thread to multiple forums. They will be deleted.

What operating system is this? What video card? Are you running in compatibility mode? The glide2 files are for 3dfx mode, what graphics mode do you have set in the launcher?

hey everyone i dont not what to do, when i install wcso i get a error and it says something about a glider2x.dll file, what can i do to fix it????

Do you actually have a glide capable video card? Did you install a glide wrapper? What happens when you install it with D3D mode?

Also did you install the highres patch?

i have a 6600 nvidia card, so my changing the vidoe setting will that fix it?? its also says (this application has failed to start because glide2x.dll was not found) do i need to download a file to fix this problem??? i use windows xp

i have a 6600 nvidia card, so my changing the vidoe setting will that fix it?? its also says (this application has failed to start because glide2x.dll was not found) do i need to download a file to fix this problem??? i use windows xp

No, you are getting the error because your video card is not a glide card (3dfx). You either need to download a glide wrapper (http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/index.html) to emulate having a 3dfx card or use D3D mode when you set up the game. I would also recomment the highres patch to play the game in higher resolutions. (http://download.wcnews.com/files/so/wcsohr_v3.zip)

Also, you will need to set the compatability mode of the games executable. Right click on it, hit properties, then the compatability mode tab. Then pick either win95 or 98 and then run the game.

thanks for all your help, its working now, and is there a way to change the resolution of the game, cause the high res patch didnt work.

hey i had the sound skip too, and i found a way to fix it, go into the Sound and Audio Device Properties (In the Control Panel), and then go to Volume, and at the bottom it should say Speaker Settings, click on Advanced, then go to Performance, and slide all the bars to the left, i have Hardware Acceleration and Sample Rate Conversion Quality as my bars.

i hope that makes sense, and that it helps

thanks for all your help, its working now, and is there a way to change the resolution of the game, cause the high res patch didnt work.

What did you do to install the patch? You unzipped it to your secret ops directory yes? What graphics mode did you pick?

if you have a radeon do not pick 32 bit color. It won't work. Just pick 16 bit color and whatever resolution you want. If you picked glide mode did you install a glide wrapper? Did you check the default settings of the wrapper itself? I would try and get the game working in d3d first though. just to make sure that it isn't the wrapper itself breaking the game.

(and you can only change the resolution with the highres patch)

ok in unzipped the file into the secret ops folder and install the warpper and now it works fine, for sound skipping. that thanks for all your help

Back