Wing Commander Saga Project

Two old enemies put aside their differences and band together in order to stop the inexorable approach of a seemingly invincible force of unknown aliens from far away.

Freespace A: sucked, and B: was a ripoff. That's all, folks.

Originally posted by Darkmage
Well what else would a space flight sim be about? Fluffy bunny rabbits attacking Earth?
That might be interesting. We've had fluffy cats (mostly), why not try fluffy rabbits? :)

Originally posted by Frosty
Two old enemies put aside their differences and band together in order to stop the inexorable approach of a seemingly invincible force of unknown aliens from far away.
Freespace A: sucked, and B: was a ripoff. That's all, folks.
Freespace may have been a WC ripoff in terms of gameplay, but that's hardly unusual since WC itself is a ripoff of Elite and other predecessors of the space-sim genre. Its plot, however, is most obviously not a WC ripoff, because the two games were developed almost simultaneously and thus neither could really copy anything from the other.

Originally posted by Quarto
Freespace may have been a WC ripoff in terms of gameplay, but that's hardly unusual since WC itself is a ripoff of Elite and other predecessors of the space-sim genre.
Blah blah blah, that's such a fucking load of horseshit and you know it. Or maybe you don't, since anyone who actually believes that when they say it obviously never actually played Elite.

And your admission that it's a ripoff "in terms of gameplay," would seem to close the deal in this case. Especially since I didn't even mention "gameplay."

Originally posted by Wedge009
That might be interesting. We've had fluffy cats (mostly), why not try fluffy rabbits? :)

Because then it would be a rip-off of Space Bunnies Must Die!

DUH!!!!

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Qarto
Freespace may have been a WC ripoff in terms of gameplay, but that's hardly unusual since WC itself is a ripoff of Elite and other predecessors of the space-sim genre.

Star Raiders
http://www.sonic.net/~nbs/star-raiders/

:D

Credit where credit is due.

I don't understand your problems. Wing Commander was fun, Freespace was fun. Both are ripof of the same idea so whats the problem?

It seems so as if you are fanatic in one or the other game...HALLO THAT ARE GAMES!!! Do you lose the sense for realty or what?

Beside that, it seems as if the most people here have both games. So if we mod the engine to make it a Wing Commander engine, with the WC ships and so on, then you will play WC again and not Freespace. So lets stop this sensles discusion about what is a rip off of what ever and lets come to real creative things. So what has do be done to recreate a realy good WC.

We know that there's a conversion project.
We've known that there's a conversion project.
We've known that for quite some time.
Ergo, we're not likely to suddenly get excited about it. The time to get excited about it was when we first learned about it.

And finally, yes, there are a few people here who often seem to be looking for a way to blame Freespace and Freespace 2 for the decline of Western Civilization.
The rest of us are mocking that.

frepace is riporf of wing commander(god1) becase theer is spacsip that shot lazwr1 and fl in spaze111

:rolleyes:

I think we've explained pretty clearly why Freespace is a WC ripoff... but once again: it is a game designed to make money off of WC's familiar design.

Can anyone come up with a reason why this *isn't* true, other than dumb sarcastic remarks that lack any actual content?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I think we've explained pretty clearly why Freespace is a WC ripoff... but once again: it is a game designed to make money off of WC's familiar design.
QUOTE]

you righty1 thos evl mn use sacesips ia spac1 tey shua e killed1111

teh star war gane arree rippo-off toonn1

NASA is also ripping offa wivg commander11

When intelligent debate fails, act like an idiot. That's sure to prove a point!

I don't know who you are, but I know where you can't post anymore.

It's a space sim. Ripoff or no, it's still playable, and it's the closest thing to multiplayer WC I can find. If you spot better, PLEASE let me know. Seriously. I need more games. :p

Ick, other people are the worst part of multiplayer games. They cheat and yell and act stupid. Just hook two computers together and play with yourself.

I think some guys around here act like 10 year old children.:(

I dont believe you are arguing for such things ,when there are other more importand.

I also have to say that Im very dissapointed by LOAF.I didnt expect such childish behavior.

Well ,ban me too Ben,cause I disagree with you

Bye guys:mad:

I must completly agree with you TCSTigersClaw, the people here are.....
You are so fanatic that you act like someone who cross a road with closed eyes, because he thinks traffic lights or a good idea.

Maybe you don't understand what I try to say, many will say I am crasy, but thats ok.

So ADMI stop this thread befor the people here totaly lose there sense.

Back