Wing Commander Saga now hiring!

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
Subject : Wing Commander Saga now hiring !

Hello folks,

Wing Commander Saga is a Freespace 2 Total-Conversion for the famous and
outstanding Wing Commander series.

We are working on this project now for (21) months, and we can proudly say that we are almost 70% done, and standing shortly before a first release. We have come a long way since the beginning, and with the time we enhanced the project more and more, not only due to the possibilites the SCP-Project give us, but also through the experience we become during our work. Currently we are working on our main campaign, an epic storyline set in the WC3 timeline. In addition, others are working on a mini-campaign set after WC4.

We are honored by being awarded with a CIC Fan Project of the Year Award along with the WC Standoff crew, but we noticed that we'll need a few more staff, especially since some of our other members have finished their work and will be moving on to real-life world obligations. We planned the release of our mod within this year, and this is a very realistic progress for anyone to help apply "the finishing touches" to our mod.

In order to finish off our project, we could use the additional help of the following staffers:

- 2D artists / texturer, who are capable of drawing maps at same quality
level of the other project artwork. See our Screenshot-release-topic for details.
- 2D artists, who could make basic anims for ship/weapon loadout-icons and
briefing-icons
- voice actors
- SCP-Coder(s)for some additional Wing Commander related changes, one of them is tweaking and testing the multi-player engine

additionaly we are looking for :

- modelers and unwrappers
- mission designers

Candidates have to be able to work well with other people and be able to keep a secret. Loners, leakers, and losers need not apply.

Here is your chance to prove to the rest of the world that the Wing Commander Community is still more than alive. You can post here, or send me a PM, it is up to you. Tell us your qualifications and why we should take you on. If possible we would appreciate it if you can show us a sample of your work.

For additional information check our website : http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/wcsaga/
Watch our latest screenshots: http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17740
and download our latest trailer : http://www.scifi-3d.de/downloads/wcsaga/trailer/trailer_640.rar

So take your chance to become a team-member of the Wing Commander Saga Team. We are looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best Regards

Tolwyn
Project Leader

========================================
 

Pulmonox

Commodore
I would love to be a voice actor, so that I could at least say that I was a part of one of these grand projects, but my mic is kinda poor quality, and it'd have to be a part I could finish in the next two months, cause I might not be available after that. I'll have more info on that later.

Still, if you think you could filter the sound and fit me in somewhere, I'd love to help.
 

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
Pulmonox said:
I would love to be a voice actor, so that I could at least say that I was a part of one of these grand projects, but my mic is kinda poor quality, and it'd have to be a part I could finish in the next two months, cause I might not be available after that. I'll have more info on that later.

Still, if you think you could filter the sound and fit me in somewhere, I'd love to help.


unfortunately I haven't be able to sent you a pm.

basically, could you record following line and send it to Tolwyn@gmxpro.net?

Roger that Blood Hound Leader. Avatarr, do not attack. That destroyer is mine.

Regards Tolwyn
 

Filler

General Graphics Guy
now hiring?
I hope I get paid $30/h :)

I'm a graphic artist and I also have a microphone.
what sort of art do you need done?
 

Speradon

Commodore
I'll get that line to you in the next day or two, Tolwyn; if I get home from class tonight at a decent time, I'll do it then :)
 

stick

Spaceman
crap.. i didn't notice this earlier.

i already posted in the other thread..
but since this pretty much answers my questions..

i'll just make a sample of the quote and send it to you. Please be kind... my voice still sounds messed up a bit. :)
 

Pulmonox

Commodore
Shoot.... give me a day or so, Tolwyn... my computer is new, so the recorder didn't work at first. Now that the recorder is working (I think) my nephew seems to have lost my microphone adaptor... I'm trying to locate it now... Sorry for the inconvinience.
 
U

Unregistered

Guest
well. i sent mine to tolwyn.

i'm starting to regret that i did.

i sound bad.

on the plus side... i did record my mother sneezing. quite hilarious.





:(
 

Tempest

Spaceman
Mm.. well, I've already done the Marince LC voice-over lines for you, Tolwyn, but I'd be happy to do others (or more if the Marine is used again... or lives) - I also do fiction/voiceover writing for Standoff, so can offer aid there too, if it's needed. (rileyrock@hotmail.com)

Cheers,
Tempest
 

psych

Destroyer of assclowns
Tempest said:
Mm.. well, I've already done the Marince LC voice-over lines for you, Tolwyn, but I'd be happy to do others (or more if the Marine is used again... or lives) - I also do fiction/voiceover writing for Standoff, so can offer aid there too, if it's needed. (rileyrock@hotmail.com)

Cheers,
Tempest

So you are the guy who did that . . .

The voices you did are for the mini-campaign, and to be honest with you is not really connected to the "Flagship Campaign" we are working on. If you want to help out on the voices, then that's cool.

Don't worry about helping us on the script, your team needs your time more plus our current script responsibility is in good hands (mine). I look forward to seeing what you have for Standoff later on in the future.
 

Tempest

Spaceman
psych said:
So you are the guy who did that . . .

The voices you did are for the mini-campaign, and to be honest with you is not really connected to the "Flagship Campaign" we are working on. If you want to help out on the voices, then that's cool.

Don't worry about helping us on the script, your team needs your time more plus our current script responsibility is in good hands (mine). I look forward to seeing what you have for Standoff later on in the future.


No problem :)

Well, you guys have my 'samples', then.. well, perhaps not samples per se. But just give me a yell if you have any other lines that need filling. Can't wait to see how this turns out, I really enjoyed Freespace's game-engine. I'd love to see it do WC justice. ;)
 
U

Unregistered

Guest
Voice

I would be overjoyed to do any voice acting you require.
I have been enjoying Wing Commander games since the First saga.
Alien, human. Dosen't matter to me.
I Can finally say that I was in a WC game (even if it is only voice).
 

stick

Spaceman
hmm.. the silence from tolywn is a pretty good indicator that my sample was as bad as i thought.


that or he died from listening to it.





oops.
 

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
mail sent

@stick: no, I am still alive and well ;) But, I have to wait for additional samples from other voice actors, which applied today. Then I and psych will consider which role suits you most.
 
Top