Wing Commander Saga: Confederation Legacy Part 1 Preliminary Shiplist

StarSaint

Rear Admiral
OOOOOOOK lets get down and see what the team members think of this listing of ships

Hiigaran = Terran Confederation
Mothership Class
Mothership = Undecided
Shipyard = Undecided
Fighter Class
Scout = Hornet
Interceptor = Rapier
Bomber = Raptor
Corvette Class
Gunship = Scimitar
Minelayer = Venture Class with Mine Pods(instead of Missle pods)
Pulsar Gunship = Standard Venture Class
Frigate Class
Torpedo Frigate = Undecided
Flak Frigate = Undecided
Marine Frigate = Clydesdale
Ion Frigate = Exeter Class
Field Frigate = Undecided
Capital Class
Destroyer = Gilgamesh Class
Battlecruiser = Confederation Class
Carrier = Bengal Class
Utility Class
Resource Collector = Drayman Class
Mobile Refinery = Free Trader Class
Probe = Jump Beacon
Proximity Sensor = Undecided
Distortion Probe = Modified Jump Beacon
Platform Class
Gun Platform = Undecided
Ion Platform = Undecided
Miscellaneous
Crew Transport - listed as fuel tanker = Diligent
Tanis Derelict = Undecided
Tanis Base = Candar Space Station
Chimera Station = Starbase
Cargo Container = dont see any reason to change it
Target Drone = Undecided

lets Get this down and then lets get the Kilrathi Shiplist going

so, you have decided to start with WC1-2 Era? I would only recommend to do that if the impossible happens: namely that Relic will not release modding tools soon. In other case, I would go for WC3-4 era first: the main reason is that we do have all ships/fighters/stations we might need to import into the game. Of course, I am not sure how we fill all slots... Is it possible to add additional ships? Or remove not used frigates slots? (Because WC universe does not have as much supporting vessels and frigates as its HW counterpart.) I guess we'll have to discuss that over icq...

And perhaps we can start the process of welcoming new folk?

well first off as prooved by the Star trek Mods, Ignore the ship class slots(can always set it to whatever ya want(thats why i set a fighter in the Corvette slot))
and as far as i see, i dont see why not that you could add ships... making them not buildable isn't a problem either...

Is the number of ships in each class fixed or something? Can you mess with the tech tree, and stuff like that? I don't know, I've probably played about 10 minutes of HW in my entire life, but it just seems silly to me to list the Scimitar as a Corvette, etc. Couldn't you add, for instance, two interceptors? The first one, worse than the second, would be the Scimitar, and the second one would be the Rapier... You could do that to most classes (ie: Hornet -> Epee, Raptor -> Sabre, etc)... this way you'd not only have more variety (since in your current scheme a LOT of ships are left out), but you'd also be much more true to the WC universe. Or did you just mean ship "slots", and not classes, in that list? As in, you listed the Scimitar as a Corvette because it replaces the HW Corvette, even though it'll behave like a fighter in-game....?
Anyway, you still left out a lot of fighters. It ain't WC unless fighter classes outnumber capship classes by at least 378 to 1 :)

ok from my modding experience in HW1
IGNORE ship slots they do not matter
Frigates can pass as capship slots
and corvettes can pass as fighter slots(i.e. Robotech Assault = fighters in corvette slots, and destroyers in frigate slots)

and the setup is put at the worst case scenario(that HW2 limitations are the same as HW1)

YES you can mess with the tech tree, when i was following the B5TC they had messed with the tech tree so i know that is possible in HW1*does not speak for HW2 though*

therefore if what i think is true, AND I HOPE IT IS
the Ship list will end up looking like this

Hiigaran = Terran Confederation
Mothership Class
Mothership = Perry Naval Base
Shipyard = CUSTOM SHIPYARD
Fighter Class
Scout = Hornet
Interceptor = Scimitar
Heavy Fighter = Rapier
Bomber = Raptor
Corvette Class
Gunship = Venture with No missle pods but extra guns
Minelayer = Venture Class with Mine Pods(instead of Missle pods)
Pulsar Gunship = Standard Venture Class
Frigate Class
Torpedo Frigate = UNUSED
Flak Frigate = UNUSED
Marine Frigate = Clydesdale
Ion Frigate = Exeter Class
Field Frigate = UNUSED
Capital Class
Destroyer = Gilgamesh Class
Battlecruiser = Confederation Class
Carrier = Bengal Class
Utility Class
Resource Collector = Drayman Class
Mobile Refinery = Free Trader Class
Probe = Jump Beacon
Proximity Sensor = UNUSED
Distortion Probe = Modified Jump Beacon
Platform Class
Gun Platform = UNUSED
Ion Platform = UNUSED
Miscellaneous
Crew Transport - listed as fuel tanker = Diligent
Tanis Derelict = UNUSED
Tanis Base = Candar Space Station
Chimera Station = Starbase
Cargo Container = dont see any reason to change it
Target Drone = UNUSED

StarSaint said:
yep weapons aren't the problem, making the torps not fire at fighters is the problem
i think

hope you find a way. shooting torpedos on fighter is like shooting with a leopard2 tank on a duck

no prob..

i think there is a way to set a weapons levels, I.e. torp frigates fire torps at ships, and multiwarhead missles at fighters..

so there should be a way to set that function...

StarSaint said:
no prob..

i think there is a way to set a weapons levels, I.e. torp frigates fire torps at ships, and multiwarhead missles at fighters..

so there should be a way to set that function...

sounds ok. but i think we have the same opinion that is silly to shoot torpedos on fighters and bombers.
i have posted my own ideas in a threat. think you have already read it. maybe you like some of them

Back