Wing Commander RPG

Not doing a WCRPG Update this week; those of you in the States, I hope y'all get the opportunity to enjoy the Labor Day holiday. Next week I'll do the Intruder from the pile of Aces craft, churn out the character of Little John for the Saga folks and try to get as much done on characters for Elegy as I can. Next update between 11-14Z on September 8. I'll talk about the woes I've had this week next week...

Got this message from Lulu today:

====
Dear Account Holder:

It has come to our attention that your Content, titled

14042982 Vespus
14042645 Vespus
13854572 The Wing Commander Role-Playing Game
13854493 The Wing Commander Role-Playing Game
13854448 The Wing Commander Role-Playing Game
13105177 Enyo
13105124 Enyo
12969015 Prelude to Goddard
12968984 Prelude to Goddard
11345141 The Starflight Role-Playing Game
8196439 The Starflight Role-Playing Game

may be in violation of the Lulu Membership Agreement, which states that your
Content cannot contain material that is intellectual property of another, Fan
Fiction, invasive of privacy rights, defamatory or otherwise questionable and/or
determined by us in our sole discretion to violate our Membership Agreement. As
a result, we must remove your content from availability.

For more information on the terms and conditions of publishing through Lulu.com
please review our Membership Agreement at http://www.lulu.com/about/legal.

You may submit the attached DMCA Counter-notification, or a Court Order clearly
stating you have the authority to publish said Content, and we may re-evaluate
our decision.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

Questionable Content Team
Lulu.com
====

Makes me glad I got permission from Rod McConnell to publish Starflight - I might be able to get that one back up and running. Chris Roberts, on the other hand......I never have gotten a hold of. Suggestions? Anyplace I can at least put up the PDFs for temporary download?

If this is indeed a fan project with no profits is it legal at least to host the pdfs here? Possibly on Solsector?

I can always take a pdf to a print service and bind them myself for my own personal use and be damned Lulu's policies. I can understand why they're looking to cover their butts but that shouldn't stop you from making it, or having it privately hosted if you're not outright profiteering off EA's IP.

Yeah, I've already made arrangements to host the PDFs from here. Indeed, the Core Rules and Vespus already had PDFs available from CIC; Prelude and Enyo did not until yesterday. I haven't heard back from the admins as to what the final permalinks will be here; they've been travelling of late so I'm being patient.

I have started looking into finding a new POD publisher. From what I've gathered, folks who do a lot of POD publishing didn't rank Lulu among the best (far from it, actually)...though before the bashing begins, I should mention that up to this point they've treated me pretty well. I do realize the "print shop" option is a possibility; I've gone down that road before, and while you do wind up with something usable, it tends not to be particularly durable. Nor does it usually wind up looking very good.

Morning all. I'm going to skip this week's update; I didn't have a lot to talk about anyway and no time to write one over the weekend. Next update will be between 11-14Z on the 17th. Going to try to finish up the Saga characters this week.

Back