Wing Commander Reloaded

What theme would you prefer for a WC Movie?

• WC Academy (TV)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • WC1

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • WC2 VOTK

• WC3 HOTT

• WC4 TPOF

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Privateer and RF

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Privateer 2 The Darkening

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • WCP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WCSO

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Wing Commander Movie II

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A Wing Commander movie with a traitor subplot and CGI Kilrathi.

LeHah said:
A Wing Commander movie with a traitor subplot and CGI Kilrathi.

The Kilrathi can be CGI or not, it doesn't matter. What matters, in any case, is that they are fearsome feline warrior race, not some bald turtles with goatees.

I would prefer not to see the Kilrathi at all - save, perhaps, for fuzzy green comm messages.

I was meerly reiterating Chris Robert's wishes for a second WC movie. Nothing more.

I was replying to Delance, not you (G) Chris' outline for WC2 had Jazz and a bunch of other WC2 plot elements.

Bandit LOAF said:
I would prefer not to see the Kilrathi at all - save, perhaps, for fuzzy green comm messages.

Bandit LOAF said:
I was replying to Delance, not you (G) Chris' outline for WC2 had Jazz and a bunch of other WC2 plot elements.

Interesting indeed. But the witty dialogues between Thrakkath and the Emperor were one of the best parts of WC2.

"Such... accidents are very common in our family".

Good villains help the movie a lot! WCM laked that, actually.

I'm not sure if Privateer would make a good movie... but it could definitely make a great TV series. Ideally, something like Joss Whedon's Firefly (except less western and more noir).

Casting? Christian Bale or Bruce Campbell?

If they do make a movie, I hope they do it right. Beware, however, because the role could go to Ben Afflect. And the direction to Joel Schumacher of “Batman & Robin” fame. All ships would have neons and Grayson Burrows would walk around with nipple-enhancing latex outfit. The fighting scenes would be unexplainably bad.

When you think about how they are making video-game movies these days, you wonder if there’s intentional sabotage involved.

However, it could be great too.

The pilgrim arc didn't generate enough interest on the novels they wanted to release. It would probably be better to explore other aspects of the rich universe of Wing Commander.

That’s not to deny the existence of that storyline. But just like ATOC didn’t even mention midichlorians, another WC movie or TV series should not revisit the Pilgrim story. Besides, there’s nowhere to go with that story arc, it pretty much ended on the movie. After that, there’s WCA and WC1, where Blair being a pilgrim wasn't, as far as we can tell, a relevant factor.

I would prefer they adapt Action Stations, particularly for a motion picture.
There's two good reasons for this:
1) They could go back and begin a new franchise around Vance, or maybe even Tolwyn(but he does decided to go over to Capship command at the end of the book)
2) For a big screen film it would be easier for the uninitiated to get into the story if it comes at the beginning of the war. More questions could more easily be answered during the course of the film.
I'd also like to see the Wildcat fighter, since it hasn't been presented visually.
After that I'd build a TV series around Blair's early years after the Academy. And in all of it I would definitely keep the style of the Kilrathi close to what was presented in WC3.

Back