Wing Commander Relaunch

The guy's store says that all his DVD's sold are region 1 only.

I'm still waiting for them to come, though. :(

Maybe they got in today while I've been here at work.

Nu

SAaB was on for only one season, in 1995. Fox tended to jerk it around in the schedule, with it often being on opposite of CBS's ratings monster "60 Mnutes", which made it kind of easy to overlook.

Just BTW, I ordered my DVD's from:
http://stores.ebay.com/Midwest-Media

and they came in today... yeah, it took a li'l while, but everything was sealed and looked great. I opened everything, all papers included (with SAAB there was nothing more than a Fox TV Box Set promo booklet, showing the other series' they have on DVD). DVD's were in find condition, not cracked or anything.

Here's my mail from today, in all its too-high-res-yet-still-fuzzy glory:
7.jpg

8.jpg

Yeah, I think I had the camera on the wrong setting or something, I dunno... ~~~... was kinda suprised at how they looked when I got them off of the camera. Oh well... the movies are what's important! :)

...there, refresh the page. ~~~

Nu

There's usually a little flower icon on a button or setting. You have to hit that if you're going to photograph anything less than a few feet away or the camera can't focus.

NuAngel said:
Just BTW, I ordered my DVD's from...

I got SAAB when it was originally at BestBuy and later got the Matrix Boxed set for free at FYE, with the purchase of the Godfather Trilogy.

(However, good job with getting SAAB.)

FYE has been having some amazing sales this year. They've not advertised them from what I've seen - but theres been a "Buy One, Get One Free" sale on select TV show sets. The shows change every month (I snagged two seasons of the Outer Limits for completely dirt cheap) and some of them even include movie boxed sets.

LOAF was telling me a while ago that the FYE near him has similar sales - in some ways better, in other ways not. If you have a store near you, I'd suggest checking it out.

I skimmed both the German Amazon and the German Ebay - and all there is is Region 1, it seems.

LeHah said:
I skimmed both the German Amazon and the German Ebay - and all there is is Region 1, it seems.
Thanks for searching :) .
Seems I'll have to continue hoping, then...

Callsigns

Strigoi said:
As an example, when Top Gun came out, fighter pilot registries became swamped with Maverick and Iceman callsigns (yes, I'm sure everyone knows this). Now, no doubt these are cool callsigns, and if I were to be nicknamed one of these I would be flattered. HOWEVER, because the majority of these were due to the movie, people weren't being nicknamed because of personality quirks of their very own, they were being labeled in reference to someone else.

As someone with a little experience with the military flying community, just thought I'd take this opportunity to weigh in on callsigns... as far as the Air Force is concerned. Normally callsigns are reserved for fighter pilots, because they need nicknames to help get attention, feel cool, and berate each other. The heavy community pretty much ignores it. You get your callsign when you complete your training for your MWS (major weapon system). For Ex: you have finally completed F-15E training... and are about to enter the (jet)fleet. As a rule, no one gets a cool callsign. If it appears that it is cool, then there is something about the name that you don't know. For Ex: a gentleman who was at my last base was called, "Dash". pretty cool, eh? Except that it stands for: Dumb Ass Shat himself. Or as the example of one of my old IPs (Instructer Pilots) HUNG. He got that name one day because he tried to climb out of the jet with his g-suit hose still attached and hung himself off the side of the jet. There are no Icemans, Mavericks(theres probably a Goose), and if there are... they named themself.

sincerely,

Wile E

fighting for truth, justice, and road runner free highways across the southwest.

SAAB:

ANY show that shows people in space fighters and then has the nerve to start a massive engagement with someone playing "Blitzkreig Bop" has GOT to be good! :))))))

Wile_E_Coyote said:
For Ex: a gentleman who was at my last base was called, "Dash". pretty cool, eh? Except that it stands for: Dumb Ass Shat himself. QUOTE]

Does that mean that "Flash" from Wing Commander 3 was something like "Farted Loudly And Shat Himself" or some such? ~~~

floundericiousMI said:
Does that mean that "Flash" from Wing Commander 3 was something like "Farted Loudly And Shat Himself" or some such? ~~~

That's why Blair only tried kicking him once.:p

Back