Wing Commander related MODS

Dahan

Rear Admiral
Okely Dokely folks
I want to know the official/unofficial or what nots mods made by others for any of the following games

Operation Flashpoint
(Apparently some guy made a Star Wars mod and it look pretty spectacular!)

Homeworld 1 and 2

Starlancer

Freelancer

I completed all games well except Homeworld and want to know what good Wing Commander MODs are they. I heard bit and pieces of this Reckoning around here but do not know the full story behind this.

Oh by the way, where is the site where I would the latest mod for this Reckoning and do anyone know of the current mod for a Star Wars mod for Freelancer???

Operation Flashpoint
I don't know of any mods

Homeworld 1 and 2
Their has been some work on a Homeworld 1 mod...don't know if it was ever finished.
Someone else also wanted to do a HW2 mod, but I even don't know if he started it.

Starlancer
Their are some WC ships for Starlancer but no TC.

Freelancer
Reckogning is the only mod I know for FL. Its more a Privateer like mod.

-> StarLancer and Freelancer stuff can be found at www.lancersreactor.com

I had a look at the mods on the lancersreactor.com and I am not sure which one should I downloading there are several differet versions and mods that I am not sure of any of them
Anyone can suggest what is a good one??

You'd be better off asking that question over there than here...they're more familar with the mods than probably most of us. I do know there's lots of good looking mods out there but you'll probably want to download their mod manager first thing before any of the actual mods.

FOr FR: SW:Free Worlds 1.65 (or 1.68 maybe?) I currently play on the 24/7 german server. Its got lottsa nice rules and some RPG feeling to it! I dunno about more WC mods to it then Reckoning though.

OK then, another question, from these MODS I have heard and seen, are these any good or are they worth playing them online or single player??
I looked and them and I am not sure very confused at the moment

Sorry, but all the Freespace stuff is daaarned boreing after an hour, even with 10 players online :( ITs that the original game just sux ya know, but Reckoning deffinetly worth the time to download and try!

okely dokely
reckoning is not much different is it? it is just freelancer with all the ships changed right??

Not quite.

bright25in.jpg

I originally planned to the HW2 mod, but I shifted gears and decided to work on an RPG instead. The RPG, no title yet, uses an open source engine and editor called RPG Toolkit. Right now I've just been conceptualizing and working on game mechanics, but I'm waiting for a major bug fix that will make the RPG a lot easier.

only problem with the base is that as soon as the center of it getss off-screen, the whole thing disappears! it happens with capships too :( (plus in the last version i had i couldn't dock, but that was solved later)

lorddarthvik said:
only problem with the base is that as soon as the center of it getss off-screen, the whole thing disappears! it happens with capships too :( (plus in the last version i had i couldn't dock, but that was solved later)

First fixed in the latest build. I'm still working on the second part. Trying to rush through a new build in time for our birthday, which is still up in the air.

Bob, did you get my email? If you want I can try to texture the thing but tell me what format you need the textures...

How many versions are there to this Reckoning, I saw a few and I got mixed up with some of them???

Back