Wing Commander Redux

[Begin brief topic drift]

Love your sig. It's a mystery why I've never heard that one before, esp. where I live:

Here in The 'Cuse (heck, in ALL of NY State), we recently had a statewide ban enacted on all smoking in bars/restaurants. A lot of rest/bar owners are worried that they'll lose bidness because now smokers will stay home. Of course, they conveniently forget that now they'll get MO' bidness from nonsmokers like me (well, not exactly like me - it'd have to be from nonsmokers who have MONEY to spend (unlike me) - and that should more than make up for the smoking bidness they lose...

The smokers here got their panties all in a bunch because now they have to go outside to pollute the air, instead of messing it up (from the comfort of their own tables) for the rest of us, like they've been doing for years.

Poor bastards. Boohoohoo. I say goodbye & good riddance!

[End brief topic drift]

(Back to the subject at hand)

I dunno about a cartoon look. I thought it was pretty cool when WC started making its ships look more realistic. It made the whole thing more believable (which, I realize, isn't exactly the point with sci-fi, but, oh well).

Like the dreadnaught done by Zorath. That thing looks bloody incredible! I mean, I was never particularly excited about dreadnaught ships, but the attention to detail, and realistic look is amazing. I'd love to do a bombing run on that ship!

I also thought it was high time that someone did a GOOD 3d rendering of a Bengal class strike carrier.

The only way I'd wanna see a cartoony-looking WC game is if it were going to be done as a silly cartoon project. Where, when ships blow up, you see a scorched up character with huge white eyeballs, looking surprised, still holding on to the disintigrated remains of a flight stick. That kind of thing.

Actually . . now that I think about that, that would be pretty darned funny. Low-brow and tounge-in-cheek, sure, but funny.

Back