wing commander prophecy videos look bad

kickaha

Spaceman
my video scenes in WCprophecy are not working as good as they can. the game works corectly, but i cannot see the video, it's seem that is going too fast and i lost some images and dialogues. do i need to do something to correct this??
i hope that message is clear : i'm french.
thanks

Run DxDiag and disable Sound Acelleration. Remember to enable it after you are done playing the game.

allright, i've an athlon 1,2Go with a via motherboard, an ATI rage pro video card and a sound blaster live! I hope that could help you to help me, ho.. i also use 256Mo of DDR SDRAM.
thanks for your replies :)

I just loaded Prophecy on my new machine with XP and I have the same video card and am having the same problem. The videos play very choppy to the point where you can't watch them but the game plays fine. Help appreciated

kickaha, I thought that was the case, you have a SBLive card. Which one are you using and are you using LiveWire 3. If you are using LW3 you are out of luck. There is a compartiblty problem between LW3 and DirectX 8.x. The orginal SBLive cards with LW 2.5 did not have this problem. CL's has never fix this problem. They did fix it for there new Audigy card.

You did not state what your OS was. If you have XP try download the CL SBLive update for XP. I doudt it will help.

Brian, it bad matter to jump on some else's thread in the Tech Support section with your problems. It hard to keep track of who you are helping and their problems. I started to answer your post thinking it was kickaha I was reponsing too.

Please start a new thread and post your system info.

another way to fix that problem is to buy a cheap and ol sound card, I buy a SB 16 just for play the game, I remove my SBlive the time I was playing WCP, i kwon is not a simple solution but it works

at least it worked for me

Sorry I jumped on this thread with my issue, you are correct it was poor form. Please forgive the newbie, it won't happen again.

i'm using win98.
I don't know what is LiveWire please tel me more about this, where can I see the version I use ? is there an update for win98 ?

without this little problem I want to say that the game is very good !!
and I like this techsupport method

I hope my english is not too bad :)
thanks again

Back