Wing Commander Prophecy Problems

DarthCyber

Spaceman
When I run Prophecy the videos jump. (I haven't actually played yet.) It seems that they are going to fast and are skipping to catch up. Any suggestions?

AMD Athlon XP 1700+
256 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 3 Ti200 128 MB RAM
SB Live 5.1
Windows XP Pro

A lot of WCP problems lately...

I don't suppose you've tried disabling sound acceleration in DirectX (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\dxdiag.exe)? That seems to be the most common solution.

[I see your OS is XP, if the above doesn't work, have you set the WCP EXE to Win95 compatibility mode?]

Same Problem

Hi! I have Win98se and the same stuttering problem. The video is damn too fast (like pushing the fast forward button on VCR). Doesn't give even time to read the subtitles! I tried playing the movies through WCPlayer (a tool created for the purpouse) and with that, it worked perfectly smooth. I will try disabling DirectX sound accelleration like suggested here and will post again the results. If some others have more infos about this common problem then please post replies here. Thanks.

AMD Athlon 1900+
512 Mb DDR, VIA 266A
ATI Radeon 8500 64 Mb
Monster 3d II 12 Mb
SB Audigy Player

Problem solved!

Thanks a lot to Wedge009, the problem was just what he said! I disabled the DirectX acceleration of sound and the movies played smooth! I would have hardly figured that by myself! Thanks again,Wedge!

Back