Wing Commander Prophecy patch

Anxiety

Rear Admiral
Alright, I would like to apologize if this is an old topic, but after a search I did not find the answer to my question. In running the high-res patch for Prophecy, which works, the video always shrinks into the corner, no matter what resolution I use. When I start the game, and get to the rec room I can't use the curser correctly. That is to hit the "Talk to Hawk" thing, I must move the curser to where it would be if the picture wasn't messed up. Once again I sincerely apologize if this has been answered, but I couldn't find the answer.

EDIT: I am running Prophecy Gold Edition if it matters.

Make sure the highres.txt is present and set to the resolution you're using - that's the best I can think of right now. If that doesn't work, you might try re-using the installer to generate a new patch.tre.

AFAIK, there shouldn't be a problem if you're using Prophecy or Prophecy Gold.

Uh, I don't suppose a complete and clean uninstall, re-install, and a re-run of the patch would help? I'm sorry, but maybe you're just unlucky. I didn't have any problems with the patch, but then I only have the original Prophecy.

I'm pretty sure I've got Prophecy Gold installed (I've got them both, thanks to that bad disk), but there's not much difference that I've noticed.

Back