Wing Commander Prophecy help

Darkness

Spaceman
I need some help.

I have a Pentium 3 800 with a Riva Tnt2 M64 32 RAM card utilizing the Detonator 3 drivers.

I want to enable all of the special effects but Fog and lens flares are "x" out. It won't let me turn these options on. I believe this card should support fog. Mayeb its the driver. If anyone has any suggestions or know of better drivers to use, please let me know.

thanks.

You need to have a card that uses Glide to have those two options...

There is a patch though, that'll let you have lens flare without Glide. Just visit the files section.

Well... it's not really a *patch*... it's just the SO graphics files... since SO allowed those effects without Glide.

TC

Lens flares used to work with my old ATI Xpert@play 98 card so I don't necessarily believe these options are solely for Voodoo users.

yep

Yeah the gamer is WCP Gold. I tried a few glide wrappers, they crashed my machine or didn't work properly. For one of the glide wrappers (forgot the names), I had to go into chase mode to see anything and even then it was ultra dark and unplayable in that state. If you know fo a wrapper which actually works, I'm all for it.

Does anyone know about detonator 2 drivers and how they rate compared to detonator 3?

[Edited by Darkness on 12-22-2000 at 19:08]

Back