Wing Commander Prophecy: Boom Boom recipe

Twister, let the Quarto-DH-Erathworm triad play with themselves. They look cute. together.
biggrin.gif
Maybe we should put them in a zoo.

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarto said:
My dear Earthworm, if Academy TV was a part of the WC universe, then we seem to have a major continuity problem on our hands
smile.gif
Oh, but it is a part of that universe.
For one thing, when that happens, then the WC movie never existed
biggrin.gif
- Blair keeps sending messages to his parents in Academy, while his parents are *dead* for quite a while in the movie.
Hm, it's not the first WC product to contradict with something else.Furthermore,

Of course. It's called WC: Priv. Curiously enough though, P2 is not called WC: Darkening...
But that would be a very stupid name.

Care to explain why that amuses thee?
No, not really.
smile.gif

Various mentions of that in the novels...

I wouldn't call needing permision from Confed a real argument either. There could be milions of reasons for that.

Humour me. Name one
smile.gif
I'm going to humor you and say that I don't have much of an imagination. That doesn't change the fact that politicians can come up with some sh*ty stuff.

In that case, how did the Talon get there?
How should I know? Maybe it made an unsuccessful jump and got puled into the Tre-systems?
smile.gif
Also, why does Confed care if the Tri-Systemites settle another worthless planet?
Because they won't to keep expanding their borders, and since they either think or know that people in Tri-systems are from Earth, therefore not natives of those systems they don't have any right to settle there.

Why, yes, I think I see your point... as a matter of fact, alcohol went out of use within a hundred years, right?
smile.gif
And so did nicotine, right?
smile.gif
And everything seems to indicate that Marijuana, Opium, and others will do the same, right?
smile.gif
Why do you compare everything to the past?

Did you know that they said that about Win95, and Win98?
Nope, I neaver heard of that.

Wait... you mean that in real life, they WOULDN'T use computers to make a pilot's life easier?
Of course they would, but you'd have to do hell of a lot more things than you do during the game.

Yeah, right. A good idea, with all those 50-year old carriers still floating around, right? But wait... didn't you say that the Rapier had been around for something like a 100 years before the Movie?
The frame is basicly the same, but it's a new model, that has replaced the first one in the 2640's. It has more missiles, and a better Neutron gun unlike the first one.

Well, then I imagine it registers as an "unknown" on the Kilrathi screens. I guess they think that it's yet another alien race, coming to help the Terrans
biggrin.gif
It certainly registered as unknown at the time the Kilrathi first encountered it, if they didn't have any captued schematics of Confed ships.

Since when are the Cone/Starburst missiles exceedingly dangerous?

Since they contain non-standard, very powerful payloads, which do damage to all ships in a given area. A mine also does that... but then, a mine doesn't have a nuclear payload, right?
But neither do the 'burst missiles.

Neither are any of the ships you get to fly in P2.
Which doesn't change the fact that they don't have cargo bays, and are right about the same size as P2's military fighters.
They must have little cargo space if you can tractor stuff in.

Who say's the cargoes go into the ship when tractored in? You're not usually required to take them very far. For all you know, they could just be strapped to the bottom of your vessel.
Including the pilot you tractor in?
smile.gif
It is possible....

And how do you know that it's two/three times bigger? Do you think it 60-90 meters long?

I don't know how big they are exactly. But what I do know is that (tonnage-wise) you'd fit two Sabres, or four Ferrets in a Centurion's 50 ton cargo bay. In a Galaxy, even a Broadsword would fit. What does that say about their size?
It says that they have big cargo bays, that could fit in some fighters if they were melted down...

No, it's disappointing that you assume something like that.

Why, Earthworm, what choice do you leave me?
Hm, I thought that even from the limited contact we have through this board you'd know me better than that.

<sigh> Because nothing says that it does. If, "no proof" to you means that the statement is true, then I'd like to know why Blair didn't use his Jedi powers in any of the WCs. After all, he must have them, since there's no proof that he does, right?
biggrin.gif
If that's your philosphy, than yes. All of the pilots we see in the FMV WC games also have secret cariears as actors.

Of course they did.

No, they didn't.
Yes they did.
smile.gif

In other words, don't be silly. There is absolutely nothing in P2 that would indicate any relationship with Confed. Now, so far I've given plenty of good reasons (or at least reasons that everyone but you consider good enough) as to why that is the case. All you've provided in return is a number of weak arguments that seemingly defy all logic known to mankind.
Hm, that's nice. I don't see how you can argue that the technology we see in P2, 100 years after the most recent SP WC game, would have to be the same as it was in that last game in the main series. And just because DH agrees with you, and maybe some other people, doesn't mean that *everyone* agrees with them.

if you want a drink try this

sky blue
bleu carcao
cremedecarcao
tripel sek
pineappel juice
cream

vary nice
rolleyes.gif

---------------------------
pimpin aint easy!

Blair sends messages to his parents twice -- in the first and second episodes. It is fairly evident, however, that they are not his *birth* parents, but rather the people who raised him. This is made fairly clear in Academy itself, however... the man he writes to in the first episode is against his joining the Navy -- whereas the 'ghost' of his father (in Expendible) is a military officer who insists that Blair owes military service to his family.

Don't make me post Blair's family history...
smile.gif

The Varni do exist in some numbers -- AS indicates that there was a flood of refugess several decades back.

The logic that Kilrathi are more common than other aliens in the WC universe because we see them more is rubbish -- our 'job' is to fight the Kilrathi. Fire men see more fires than regular people, doctors see more disease, and so on and so forth.

Well, perhaps I was wrong about Blair's parents. But what about the Sivar-Eshrad ceremony? That also happens in both WCA and WC1, and both times, Confed doesn't know what the hell is happening
smile.gif

And as for the Kilrathi being more common... they are. Not because we fight them, but because they've got an Empire twice the size of the Confederation.

EW Says:
Hm, it's not the first WC product to contradict with something else.
Aye, but it's very talented at contradicting
smile.gif

But that would be a very stupid name.
Would it? No. If you hadn't heard of P2: The Darkening, then WC: The Darkening would seem perfectly natural.

Where?
smile.gif

*That doesn't change the fact that politicians can come up with some sh*ty stuff.* - Of course they do. But this is the equivalent of people in Abu Dhabi requiring permission from the US every time they want to build a new house
smile.gif

Because they won't to keep expanding their borders, and since they either think or know that people in Tri-systems are from Earth, therefore not natives of those systems they don't have any right to settle there.
Even if that was true, I hardly think Confed has a better claim on Tri-Sys than the Tri-Systemites.

Why do you compare everything to the past?
Surely, that should be obvious? If that's the way things happened in the past, what makes you think they'll happen differently in the future? History repeats itself.

Of course they would, but you'd have to do hell of a lot more things than you do during the game.
Manually searching through the ship database to identify the ship not being one of those things...

The frame is basicly the same, but it's a new model, that has replaced the first one in the 2640's. It has more missiles, and a better Neutron gun unlike the first one.
So why wouldn't the same thing happen to the Talon?

Sorry, I can't resist using one of your favourite arguments - how do you know that?
smile.gif

Including the pilot you tractor in?
smile.gif
It is possible....
It certainly is, because the pilot is already wearing a vac-suit. But another possibility is that it's like a Broadsword - room enough for a pilot, or maybe a tiny datapod, but no room for cargo. Of course, Broadswords don't have the capability to strap cargo to their underside, but I don't see why privateering vessels wouldn't have such capabilities, since it's very advantageous.

It says that they have big cargo bays, that could fit in some fighters if they were melted down...
Exactly. Which means that they must be bigger than the P2 ships, without big cargo bays.

Hm, I thought that even from the limited contact we have through this board you'd know me better than that.
Oh, I know you well enough
smile.gif
. And I assumed that you wouldn't make such a silly mistake by accident, so it must have been done on purpose.

Of course they did.

No, they didn't.

Yes they did.
smile.gif
No, they didn't.
smile.gif

Hm, that's nice. I don't see how you can argue that the technology we see in P2, 100 years after the most recent SP WC game, would have to be the same as it was in that last game in the main series. And just because DH agrees with you, and maybe some other people, doesn't mean that *everyone* agrees with them.
First of all, I'm not saying that. I'm merely arguing that you can't argue that the technology in P2 is related to WC technology. Second, when I said "everybody" I meant everybody involved in the discussion, not actually everybody.

Quarto said:
But what about the Sivar-Eshrad ceremony? That also happens in both WCA and WC1, and both times, Confed doesn't know what the hell is happening
smile.gif
Does Confed actualy learn what that ceremony is for in Academy?

And as for the Kilrathi being more common... they are. Not because we fight them, but because they've got an Empire twice the size of the Confederation.
Actualy, with all the alliances, Confed is larger than the Kilrathi, who conquer most of the races they encounter.
Aye, but it's very talented at contradicting
smile.gif
True, but it still has some prety good stuff that doesn't contradict anything.
biggrin.gif

Would it? No. If you hadn't heard of P2: The Darkening, then WC: The Darkening would seem perfectly natural.
Maybe.... but it just doesn't sound right.

Where?
smile.gif
In one the many novels in which the Landreich is present
wink.gif
either FA, or FC.

Even if that was true, I hardly think Confed has a better claim on Tri-Sys than the Tri-Systemites.
Of course, but if you try to settle on an island somewhere on the international waters, and claim it as your country, no one would take you seriously, and everyone could go there.

Surely, that should be obvious? If that's the way things happened in the past, what makes you think they'll happen differently in the future? History repeats itself.
Of course, but new things happen too.

Manually searching through the ship database to identify the ship not being one of those things...
No, but for example, telling your computer in what era, or type of ships to look for.

So why wouldn't the same thing happen to the Talon?
Why wouldn't what happen? Upgrade the Talon? You'd have to be insane to even think of something like that.
smile.gif

Sorry, I can't resist using one of your favourite arguments - how do you know that?
smile.gif
Because no one would need a nuke to blast open the casing of the missile and shoot out the little bullets.

Exactly. Which means that they must be bigger than the P2 ships, without big cargo bays.
But those cargo bays don't certainly have to be so big as to make the fighters that much larger. True, they are most likely larger than P2 fighters, but not neccissarly ships like the 'bow or a T-bolt.

Oh, I know you well enough
smile.gif
. And I assumed that you wouldn't make such a silly mistake by accident, so it must have been done on purpose.
Actualy, having not played any WC game in few months, and having not read any manuals except the P2 one, for even more time, I did forget it (you should know how it is. Two or three months of school left, a man has to start working
smile.gif
). But even though it is present in the ICIS, it's obvious that it's not standard equipment that's straped onto those fighters. Those Excals had to get the cloack slaped on them.

No, they didn't.
smile.gif
Like my friend Mark Asher would say: You're in denial Quarto.
wink.gif

First of all, I'm not saying that. I'm merely arguing that you can't argue that the technology in P2 is related to WC technology.
I'm not arguing that it is, but you definetly can't argue that it isn't.
Second, when I said "everybody" I meant everybody involved in the discussion, not actually everybody.
So.... that would make DH and you?
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 15, 2000).]

Does Confed actualy learn what that ceremony is for in Academy?
Yeah, they do. Hob... er... I mean, the Kilrathi defector
smile.gif
explains it to Blair.

Actualy, with all the alliances, Confed is larger than the Kilrathi, who conquer most of the races they encounter.
I don't know... it doesn't seem that way. But there's no way of proving either side, so I'll just let it lie.

True, but it still has some prety good stuff that doesn't contradict anything.
Oui, but of course
smile.gif
. It has some great stuff, which fits in quite nicely. I don't think they meant the storyline to fit in though... it seems like a somewhat modified WC1 storyline, to me. The Sivar ceromony even includes a defecting Kilrathi.

In one the many novels in which the Landreich is present either FA, or FC.
Hmm... I don't recall anything like that in FA... maybe it's in FC.

Of course, but if you try to settle on an island somewhere on the international waters, and claim it as your country, no one would take you seriously, and everyone could go there.
Oh? Then why did I need a visa to get to Australia?

Not exactly. It's the same old things, but in different ways. A pity, that. At any rate, trust me. History is one of the things that I do know about
smile.gif

No, but for example, telling your computer in what era, or type of ships to look for.
Hmm... maybe. But that's on a shipboard computer. I would think that the bigger databases (like CIS') would automatically do a search on all vessel types. Just seems logical, to me. For one thing, there is always the possibility of bumping into the Voyagers
smile.gif

Why wouldn't what happen? Upgrade the Talon? You'd have to be insane to even think of something like that.
Why, Earthworm... I mean, I know the Talon sucks, but...
smile.gif

Because no one would need a nuke to blast open the casing of the missile and shoot out the little bullets.
<Grin> I know. So, I was wrong.
smile.gif

But those cargo bays don't certainly have to be so big as to make the fighters that much larger. True, they are most likely larger than P2 fighters, but not neccissarly ships like the 'bow or a T-bolt.
Well, some of the P2 ships look awfully small. Take the Straith, for example. And yet, it's the slowest ship around... you'd think it would at least have the option of an engine upgrade.

Actualy, having not played any WC game in few months, and having not read any manuals except the P2 one, for even more time, I did forget it (you should know how it is. Two or three months of school left, a man has to start working
smile.gif
).
Then I excuse you
biggrin.gif
. Anyway, I think that the Confed cloaks probably still require some expensive substance to fuel them, or something like that. At least, that would seem to be the most logical reason as to why it's in limited use.

Quarto said:

Oh? Then why did I need a visa to get to Australia?
Because you're special.
smile.gif

Not exactly. It's the same old things, but in different ways. A pity, that. At any rate, trust me. History is one of the things that I do know about
smile.gif
But the old things had to be new sometime. So, new things did happen.
smile.gif

Hmm... maybe. But that's on a shipboard computer. I would think that the bigger databases (like CIS') would automatically do a search on all vessel types.
True.... maybe the CIS doesn't want us to know about the Talon? It's a conspiracy!
Why, Earthworm... I mean, I know the Talon sucks, but...
smile.gif
There are no buts! The Talon is a piece of crap and it should die in hell!

Well, some of the P2 ships look awfully small. Take the Straith, for example. And yet, it's the slowest ship around... you'd think it would at least have the option of an engine upgrade.
It could be so slow because it's so cheap.

Then I excuse you
biggrin.gif
Why, thank you.
Anyway, I think that the Confed cloaks probably still require some expensive substance to fuel them, or something like that. At least, that would seem to be the most logical reason as to why it's in limited use.
Other than being able to see through cloack of course.
smile.gif

Yeah... 'bout ten thousand years ago...

It could be so slow because it's so cheap.
Yeah, but then wouldn't there be an engine upgrade? At any rate, it's rather odd that in P2, light fighters are the slowest and least manoeuvrable. But that's a topic for another debate
smile.gif

Other than being able to see through cloack of course.
Hmm, well, that wouldn't affect things much. I mean, Confed wouldn't suddenly scrap all their cloaking devices just because the bugs can see through them (which we're still not sure about).

Quarto said:

Yeah... 'bout ten thousand years ago...
Yup, just like flight and space travel….
smile.gif

Yeah, but then wouldn't there be an engine upgrade?
Not if it’s build for people so poor that they wouldn’t be able to afford one. And it is.
At any rate, it's rather odd that in P2, light fighters are the slowest and least manoeuvrable. But that's a topic for another debate
smile.gif
But isn’t that the case with Priv too? The Centurion is the heaviest fighter, and it’s the fastest.

Hmm, well, that wouldn't affect things much. I mean, Confed wouldn't suddenly scrap all their cloaking devices just because the bugs can see through them (which we're still not sure about).

Ah, but who says it’s because of the bugs? If the small reminder of the black lance (of course, they are gone now), pirates, Kilrathi, and whatever else there is would be able to see through it without much problems, than it wouldn’t be used as often by the Prophecy time.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 16, 2000).]

Yup, just like flight and space travel...
Tsk, tsk. History is not about individual events, or about technology. It's about people. And as far as people are concerned, flight and space travel had the same effects on them as ships, and trans-oceanic voyages did. Armstrong walking on the moon could very well have been Columbus walking on the shores of Haiti (or whatever the place he landed on first was). You see, the "human factor" is the one thing that remains constant, no matter how much our technology changes. People in six hundred years will be no different to us - they'll simply use different technology.

Not if it’s build for people so poor that they wouldn’t be able to afford one. And it is.
Strictly speaking, if you buy a Straith, then you're definitely not poor... you're just not exceptionally rich
smile.gif

But isn’t that the case with Priv too? The Centurion is the heaviest fighter, and it’s the fastest.
Nope. The Orion is the heaviest fighter. The Tarsus is an ancient (inherited from your grandfather
smile.gif
) scout ship, and the Galaxy is a small freighter. Thus, it's only natural that the Centurion is the fastest.

Ah, but who says it’s because of the bugs? If the small reminder of the black lance (of course, they are gone now), pirates, Kilrathi, and whatever else there is would be able to see through it without much problems, than it wouldn’t be used as often by the Prophecy time.
I don't think the detecting technology is all that popular. As with cloaking technology, Confed has probably been keeping it to itself.

Quarto said:
Tsk, tsk. History is not about individual events, or about technology. It's about people. And as far as people are concerned, flight and space travel had the same effects on them as ships, and trans-oceanic voyages did. Armstrong walking on the moon could very well have been Columbus walking on the shores of Haiti (or whatever the place he landed on first was). You see, the "human factor" is the one thing that remains constant, no matter how much our technology changes. People in six hundred years will be no different to us - they'll simply use different technology.
Mostly true....

Strictly speaking, if you buy a Straith, then you're definitely not poor... you're just not exceptionally rich
smile.gif
Well, you are poor for a Privateer......
smile.gif

Nope. The Orion is the heaviest fighter. The Tarsus is an ancient (inherited from your grandfather
smile.gif
) scout ship, and the Galaxy is a small freighter. Thus, it's only natural that the Centurion is the fastest.
Doesn't the Centurion have the heaviest armor of them all? Anyhow, the Centurion has more gun mounts, space for two missile launchers instead of one on the Tarsus.... And the Galaxy is as much of a fighter as the Centurion.

I don't think the detecting technology is all that popular. As with cloaking technology, Confed has probably been keeping it to itself.
But Confed isn't the only faction with smart people.
smile.gif
Hunter, while flying for the Landreich, was able to find a Strakha using nothing more than the standard equipment from his fighter. And the Kilrathi where first to have a cloack, so it wouldn't be surprising if they had something to see through cloack even earlier than Confed.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 16, 2000).]

Well, you are poor for a Privateer......
Ah, but I didn't say that that was how much privateers normally have.
wink.gif
In fact, even in the real world, privateers usually retired with vast amounts of wealth (Drake was the best example). What I meant was that most people in the Tri-Sys don't have all that much cash... remember how they told Lev that his account made him very well-off? But even with all the landing fees, there couldn't have been more then 20,000 in there to begin with.
Irrelevant historical note that nobody wants to hear anyway: Strictly speaking, Lev Arris was not a privateer, because a privateer by definition is someone who has a commission from his government to hunt down the ships of another (hostile) government. Thus, Lev Arris was more of a pirate/mercenary.

Doesn't the Centurion have the heaviest armor of them all? Anyhow, the Centurion has more gun mounts, space for two missile launchers instead of one on the Tarsus.... And the Galaxy is as much of a fighter as the Centurion.
'Sbeen a long time since I've played Priv, but I believe that the Orion has the heaviest everything. And as for the Tarsus and Galaxy - like I said, the Tarsus is fairly old. Probably twenty, maybe thirty or forty years old. And the Galaxy is classified as a merchant ship, I believe. Furthermore, it's got quite a bit more space onboard than the Centurion. It has every right to be slower
smile.gif

But Confed isn't the only faction with smart people. Hunter, while flying for the Landreich, was able to find a Strakha using nothing more than the standard equipment from his fighter. And the Kilrathi where first to have a cloack, so it wouldn't be surprising if they had something to see through cloack even earlier than Confed.
I dinna say they were, and I dinna say they couldn't
smile.gif
. But Confed would do its best to ensure that others didn't know how to detect cloaked ships... and if they did know how, they would be "encouraged" to forget
smile.gif

There's just time enough for me to say a couple things:

"If the small reminder of the black lance (of course, they are gone now), pirates, Kilrathi, and whatever else there is would be able to see through it without much problems, than it wouldn’t be used as often by the Prophecy time."

The BL forces could see cloaked ships because they themselves were cloaked, or they were allowed to see because the cloak had some function that enabled you to do so. You could not see cloaked ships in WC4 if you didn't have a cloak yourself.

Where were pirates able to see through cloaks?

When were the Kilrathi able to see through cloaks? If they could see, why did they not dispatch large fighter groups to deal with them in Kilrah? If Blair hadn't cloaked on the last leg of his route, there would have been no way he could have gotten though, in fact I think there wasn't, even in the game.
biggrin.gif

The recon ships sent against the bugs could have been Piranhas for all we know, it was a Major that flew an Excalibur in, which makes sense if it had a cloak. Incidentally, that ship wasn't detected.
smile.gif

Death's Head said:
The BL forces could see cloaked ships because they themselves were cloaked, or they were allowed to see because the cloak had some function that enabled you to do so. You could not see cloaked ships in WC4 if you didn't have a cloak yourself.

Where were pirates able to see through cloaks?
And who here said that BL and pirates had that ability?

When were the Kilrathi able to see through cloaks? If they could see, why did they not dispatch large fighter groups to deal with them in Kilrah? If Blair hadn't cloaked on the last leg of his route, there would have been no way he could have gotten though, in fact I think there wasn't, even in the game.
biggrin.gif
Actualy, the cloack got them to Kilrath. By the time they entered the atmosphere, they had to decloack. Second, no one said that they did have it, at least at that time. Third, if they did have that ability they would still have to be relatively near the Excals.

The recon ships sent against the bugs could have been Piranhas for all we know, it was a Major that flew an Excalibur in, which makes sense if it had a cloak.
Why is that? The cloack isn't a standard equipment on the Excals. And why exactly would all other pilots be sent in Piranhas while Major Washington flew an Excal?
smile.gif

Incidentally, that ship wasn't detected.
smile.gif
There are so many things that are wrong with that comment.
smile.gif

Why is that? The cloack isn't a standard equipment on the Excals. And why exactly would all other pilots be sent in Piranhas while Major Washington flew an Excal?
Hmm, well technically, only Lt. Shea had to fly the same ship as Major Washington. The others were all from a different squadron. And as to Lt. Shea's disappearance, she could have been taken by surprise, before activating her cloak.
Oh, and DH doesn't say that they were Piranhas - just that as far as we know, they could even be Piranhas. See, that's what I mean about reading a post carefully.
smile.gif

There are so many things that are wrong with that comment.
Well, while it's true that Major Washington failed to spot any live enemies, the basic statement remains true
smile.gif
. He wasn't detected.

Quarto said:
Hmm, well technically, only Lt. Shea had to fly the same ship as Major Washington. The others were all from a different squadron. And as to Lt. Shea's disappearance, she could have been taken by surprise, before activating her cloak.
But the first squadron was also a Long-Range-Patrol squadron. I don't see why they wouldn't fly a fighter that is much better for long range recon than most fighters at the time. Including the Piranha.
smile.gif

Oh, and DH doesn't say that they were Piranhas - just that as far as we know, they could even be Piranhas. See, that's what I mean about reading a post carefully.
smile.gif
Um, I know... Just using the fighter he gave as an example.

Well, while it's true that Major Washington failed to spot any live enemies, the basic statement remains true
smile.gif
. He wasn't detected.
That is unknown. Maybe the bugs wanted someone to escape for whatever reason. And just because the first 6 patrols were destroyed doesn't mean they didn't cary cloacks. Those fighters would have to decloack sometime.

But the first squadron was also a Long-Range-Patrol squadron. I don't see why they wouldn't fly a fighter that is much better for long range recon than most fighters at the time. Including the Piranha.
Well, I hope they don't fly Piranhas
smile.gif
. But what makes you think the Excalibur is better than most others? A well out-fitted Panther could easily do better. And a Vampire... no comment.

That is unknown. Maybe the bugs wanted someone to escape for whatever reason. And just because the first 6 patrols were destroyed doesn't mean they didn't cary cloacks. Those fighters would have to decloack sometime.
<Shrug> Sure, why not. As long as you acknowledge that there is a distinct possibility that the Bugs don't see through cloak
smile.gif

Quarto said:
Well, I hope they don't fly Piranhas
smile.gif
. But what makes you think the Excalibur is better than most others? A well out-fitted Panther could easily do better. And a Vampire... no comment.
Ah, but an Excal is larger. Major Washington’s Excal was armed only with lasers because they had to put so much equipment on it. The Vampire is slightly longer than one half of an Excal.

<Shrug> Sure, why not. As long as you acknowledge that there is a distinct possibility that the Bugs don't see through cloak
smile.gif
Of course there is.
smile.gif

What fighter does Confed employ that is better suited for long range patrol than a Piranha?

I think it was Earthworm himself that said the Excalibur with a cloak is too expensive for regular use, if that is true then the first several ships may have been sent without cloaks for no less than three reasons. LR recon ships should be expendable, so why fix a valuable piece of hardware on something you're going to throw away? Standard peacetime procedures don't seem to indicate widespread use of cloaks in production model fighters which are most likely the ships on the edge of Confed's sphere of influence. If several fighters with cloaks had been lost with little armament, then why would a major take the same ship type with only a couple lasers if 6 attempts seem to indicate that the fighters couldn't withdraw because they were seen and could not fight their way back with a pair of lasers.

"And who here said that BL and pirates had that ability?"
I believe you did, here:
"If the small reminder of the black lance (of course, they are gone now), pirates, Kilrathi, and whatever else there is would be able to see through it without much problems, than it wouldn’t be used as often by the Prophecy time."

Back