Wing Commander Prophecy and a Geforce2 GTS Card????

What it problem? If the movie skipping try disable "Sound Hardware Accellation".
Control Panel>Multimedia>Advance botton>Properties
Also do a find file for "DXDiag" and disable it here too.

WCP 2 will work for the GeForce 2 MX, and requires Direct3D. That's about it. Align texels to the Upper Left Corner, and it will look fine. Also, there's an update in the CIC Files section that enables lens flares in WCP.

ok i did the sound hardware acceleration to none, but the mivies still skip,but it apend less, what else can i do, i ogt a 1ghz atlon pc whit a sb live (MP3 studio) and i tnt2 m64

You have a SBLive card. If you are using LW3 and DirectX 8 you are out of luck. There is a comparability problem between them. I sent a email to CL support on issue and receive a email back telling me to use Directx 7. To do this means formating the hard drive. SBlive value cards using LW 2.5 with Directx 7 are able to play this game. The big hope is if/when LW4 is release it will fix these problems.

One more thing you can try is update your MB's BIOS and chipset to the most current version. Since you have a AMD processor I am assuming your MB's chipset is a VIA. Their web site is here:
http://www.viatech.com/jsp/en/index.jsp

Updating DirectX is only possible in one direction? :eek:
I also use 8, but I am thinking about using 7 again. Formating C before? *NOOOOO!!!!!*

Originally posted by Fishbone
Updating DirectX is only possible in one direction? :eek:
I also use 8, but I am thinking about using 7 again. Formating C before? *NOOOOO!!!!!*

YESSSSS!!!!!*:D

There a shareware product file name "DxUn13.exe" which is suppose to uninstall DirectX 8. I try it and was able to reinstall DirectX 7 but WCP still did not play correctly. Plus I am now into programs and games which require DirectX 8. Most SBLive users I hear from who have replace the SBLive card have found that the Santa Cruz Turtle Beach card is a good replacement for SBLive. It has very good DOS drivers and support's DirectX 8 and EAX.

I am giving CL till the end of July to release the new LW drivers. If they don't I am going to get a Santa Cruz Turtle Beach.

I have hear tha too that Santa Cruz Turtle Beach is iqual or better than the SB live, but if the LW4 don't fix the WCP problen i will but a Turtle Beach

You're one more time very nice. :D
But not now. No tendency in my mind to do it again. And eight isn't so bad...except that faults. Maybe there'll come a new update by MS soon. One, which doesn't have anything against games like P.
*hope always stays*

Back