Wing commander privateer help!

firehawk455

Spaceman
Hi need help runnig Wing Commander privateer under windows ex using dosbox 0.63 and/or d-Fend-2.

I get this error when I run the game:

Memory: Orignal Current Used
NEAR 29516 28986 530
FAR 357660 322316 35344
HIGH 3472736 3446704 26032

Fatal error

Erorr Code: D002-FFF
Program halted by code
JEMM unloaded
65 free

Can you tell me that that means and how to it it?

firehawk455 said:
Erorr Code: D002-FFF

You guys need to be more careful about reporting your error codes back to us. If you had the code right, you could have done a search for it and solved your problem several days sooner.

"D002-FFFF" when starting the game (floppy version only).
This error message indicates that there is a problem with your sound card configuration. Run the INSTALL program again and select NO sound and NO music. Run the game again and see if you can get past the error message. If you can get past the error message with Sound and Music turned OFF, then you will need to run the install program again to set your sound up a second time. Be sure to know the proper address, IRQ and DMA values for your sound card before you install the game again. Incorrect IRQ values can cause this error message as well.

You probably have IRQ 5 set when DOSBox defaults to IRQ 7 or something like that.

Why not just download the remake from www.priv.solsector.net? It runs just fine under windows XP, the graphics are much better and it's almost as good as the original. Who knows, once the rough edges are sorted out maybe it will be as good if not better than the original.

Yeah, if you want to evade 17 Demons with quad autotracking tachyon cannons in your cloaked Drayman, go for the "Remake." If you want to play Privateer 1, it takes just one simple line change in DOSBox to get Privateer working.

ChrisReid said:
Yeah, if you want to evade 17 Demons with quad autotracking tachyon cannons in your cloaked Drayman, go for the "Remake." If you want to play Privateer 1, it takes just one simple line change in DOSBox to get Privateer working.
You mention cloaked. You can just auto pilot through dummy. Without a cloak though, you might be in trouble. Anyway, give it some time for all the rough edges to be sorted out and it'll be great.

My dad can evade 17 bloody demons and kill them all. I wish I could :(

Back