Wing Commander Posters!

DyNaMiX

Spaceman
Hi all!

I was just wondering if there is anywhere I can find posters of the various Wing Commander Box art. I'm very interested in finding the Kilrathi Saga art. The one with the Kilrathi hand holding the burning Kilrah while three Excaliburs zoom towards the viewer.
I really wish to aquire large size posters of these too put on my wall here in my room. I have various game posters but it's rather uncomfortable not having one for practically my favourite game series.

Thanks very much for your help.

You're probably out of luck, I've never seen these things advertised anywhere. I do have a WCM theater poster though.

I don't believe they ever made a Kilrathi Saga poster -- the game kind of died a silent death because the market just wasn't ready for it in 1996.

Origin did promotional movie-style posters for WC3, WC4 and WCP... good luck finding one of them, though.

You can get 'folded' posters from a number of sources: the Privateer 2 Guide, Privateer 2 Deluxe, Wing Commander 3 Premiere Edition... and... other things I can't think of right now. I'll check back tomorrow.

Awww. That Kilrathi Sage artwork is really cool. Awell thanks very much for the help guys.
By the way I'm searching for an airbrush artist aroun my area to paint that scene on one side of my case. :D
So now I'm after Pictures (on pz) of the Kilrathi Saga artwork and one of Kilrah exploding with the Excalibur flying away from it (end of WC3).

I'm planning to have both air brushed to my pc case.

A nice, large theatrical Wing Commander III poster was given away with pre-orders of WC3 at certain stores, back in 1994. They show up on eBay once in a blue moon, and are very nice.

Wing Commander IV (the 'outer' red box art) posters were given away by Origin in contests and (probably) at trade shows and such. They were also given to some stores to promote the game. Pretty tough to find -- I'm still looking, myself.

I have absolutely no idea how the Prophecy poster was distributed... I just know that Captain Johnny has one. *Probably* just given away at trade shows (like the mousepads and Prophecy water and what-not).

Wing Commander movie posters come in all shapes and sizes. There's two 'styles', though: the awesome French yellow Rapier poster and the painfully non-awesome American giant Freddie Prinze Jr. ear poster.

What else... hmm...

An issue of 'Sci Fi Teen' came with a Wing Commander Movie pinup... which turned out to be a kind of awesome poster of Freddie-Prinze-Jr in Space Armor.

An issue of CGW came with an awesome Prophecy 'Midway' poster -- the same image that's in the Prophecy box's "flap".

The WC Movie brought us a pair of posters of movie-Blair and movie-Maniac. Which is great, if you're a teen girl or a creepy gay guy.

The Privateer 2 official guide came with a poster of all the ships.

Wing Commander 3 Premiere and SAMs Club editions came with folded WC3 artwork posters.

Privateer 2: Deluxe came with a Privateer 2 poster (American box artwork).

When WCIV came out, a company sold 'ChromArt'... which was... chrome-inlayed artwork from the games. Four pieces were available, two from WC3 and two from WC4. (the box art for each game, a picture of a Dragon on Telamon and the Excalibur leaving Kilrah).

Rare-er stuff: Bill Forstchen has (used to have, at least) an 'End Run' cover poster in his office. Maybe a trade show thing?

Chris Roberts has a 'Wingleader' (WC1 art, different name) poster... not sure if these were produced in any quantities, or if a regular 'Wing Commander' poster was ever made (Origin sold posters direct back then, but they never did a WC1).

Thanks again. :D

I'll search around and see if I can find any of those, doesn't matter if I can't but I'll try.
By the way I was searching through my Wing COmmander 4 box and discovered a little brochure with the chrom art you are speaking of. These pictures are perfect! Is there anyway we can still order those? I know it's a long shot but I wouldn't mind those posters, not to mention the T-Shirt.

Naw, the company went out of business (Zanart)... they show up on eBay or at comic book type stores every once in a while. I think I've tracked down all but one that way.

I've got one of the WC3 movie, style, posters but I didn't know there were ones created for WC4 and Prophecy. Do they have the same art as the box, but with a credit block, like the WC3 poster or do they have different art?

Back