Wing Commander Podcast?

Manboy

Rear Admiral
Would the CIC staff ever consider recording regular podcasts about the Wing Commander universe?

I ask this because I recently came across Podtacular, a podcast dedicated specifically to the Halo universe, and I immediately started thinking of other game universes that were deep enough to warrant such media - obviously Wing Commander instantly sprang to mind. If the Halo universe can support unofficial podcasts, surely Wing Commander can do it just as easily.

Granted, Podtacular isn't that great to listen to. It's generally unfunny and amateurish, but it's the internet - you get that. The combined knowledge, passion and wit of the CIC staff would translate well to the spoken word medium in my opinion, and would probably surpass most gaming related podcasts in terms of quality and content. And with iTunes being a sinch to use, it would mean more exposure to the Wing Commander universe.

I know it could well be time consuming and a pain in the ass to co-ordinate, and I'm not suggesting that you need to do it, it would just be a nice addition to this already stellar site, thats all.

Thoughts?

Would the CIC staff ever consider recording regular podcasts about the Wing Commander universe?

Nope, we will never have a Wing Commander podcast.

But long before anyone ever thought to make some kind of internet pod, we made a series of audio shows where we discussed Wing Commander subjects, highlighted fan projects and interviewed people like Chris Roberts and George Oldziey. You can find these in the CIC Infoburst section: https://www.wcnews.com/infoburst/

It'd definitely possible that we could do more of these someday, but we don't really have anyone with the time and equipment to coordinate it right now. I know LOAF has even bigger projects in mind that are similar which could eventually be made.

Infoburst.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Well that's that then! :p

But long before anyone ever thought to make some kind of internet pod, we made a series of audio shows where we discussed Wing Commander subjects, highlighted fan projects and interviewed people like Chris Roberts and George Oldziey. You can find these in the CIC Infoburst section: https://www.wcnews.com/infoburst/

I had no idea about these. The layout is pretty much what I had in mind for the podcast - simple and informative.

It'd definitely possible that we could do more of these someday, but we don't really have anyone with the time and equipment to coordinate it right now. I know LOAF has even bigger projects in mind that are similar which could eventually be made.

Nice, good luck with all that. I'll be looking forward to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back